Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10

Thread: Official MOA RV thread...

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powwow View Post
    I have plans to re-pack the wheel bearings, but will probably hold off until I see how the camping season shapes up. I've also not de-winterized yet, so will need to go through that process.
    A good wheel bearing check is always essential.

A month ago, I was doing research to transition from lead acid to lithium batteries on my Lance 2285. Again, at this point, I'll probably hold off on the considerable expense to see what this summer's usage will really be. We've already had to cancel camping reservations we had in April and May.
    I have a few "major" items that I am holding off on- again. The awning fabric is at the end of it's lifespan and needs replacement. I just washed the motorhome, it really needed it.
    I will start reloading the "standard" items shortly now that the risk if freezing is pretty much past. The refrigerator is up and running already- as a second fridge.
    Hoping for some peaceful time in the RV.
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Anyone using this time home working/prepping their RV for better days?
    It’s a good time for a wash and wax. Checking the “penetration” sealing. Checking tire conditions.
    What are you doing?
    OM
    We were prepping to use ours while our club held its rally this weekend... to say the obvious, it is still under the shed.
    H had Tom Sawyered me into “assisting” with her project of waxing the nose cone last week after I had de- winterized and added a few interior upgrades not on her list. Had recently replaced tires and repacked bearings and new batteries we had no history on. Also, had remounted and caulked the awning anchor points and have sealant to redo the roof penetrations when it dries out this week. Replaced the tall FM aerial that whacked everything. It’s ready when we are.

My bigger use is as a hiding place for a nap for now... don’t tell her where I am!
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    My bigger use is as a hiding place for a nap for now... don’t tell her where I am!
    shhhhhhhhhh……...be quiet about this Steve!!!!! Been using this at least once a week as the housekeeper shows up for her 3 hour attempt to clear a path through the house. The peace and quiet that the refuge affords as I hunker down and saw wood is unknown by most wives that are totally uninformed...………

Gotta re-evaluate for this year, if I even get out. Not gonna leave my hill top, go away and leave me alone, seclusion this year til they come up with a vaccine for this stuff.

Where can we go...…??????????? Have they shut down the national forest camp anywhere you can put a tent rules???? For me, the roadblock shutting down the Florida Keys is a killer for the fall. Wondering if the state park systems have shut down? Have the National Parks?

Six acres, five structures and still no true hiding places Dennis! But I manage on occasion.

In TX, most state parks have shuttered until the end of month... then who knows?
    They honored reservations until last week then emptying this week. We used our nearby park weekly and to see it empty other than the hosts is surreal.

We had movie night in the RV the other night to use the prepped for season space. Dogs were confused... but happy
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Well, after a whole season of not traveling, mainly due to the virus, it’s time to winterize the motorhome. It’s a bit earlier than usual but the steady cold is coming not to mention the ever expanding virus problem.
    Hoping for better days.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I've had to winterize for the first time this year. Since we use our 5er as a "winter home" it's in use in southern climes in the winter and stored in the summer. This year we aren't going to venture out because of the virus. Not thrilled about it after growing up in northern PA and then 20 years in the AF in garden spots like North Dakota, Alaska, northern (far north!) New York, and Germany, it seems like Ohio wouldn't be so bad, but once I retired I promised myself that I'd suffer as little more of the cold stuff as possible. Durn virus!

We've had a couple of different units, but we're thoroughly enjoying the Titanium 5th wheel. It tows easily, has enough space for us and the dog for three to four months at a time, and is paid for. I've been able to make several very agreeable modifications and it's a keeper. Since Mrs doesn't ride the MC doesn't go along but maybe that'll change some day.

87DA2B31-34A7-431C-9D31-502683FFBD1D_1_201_a.jpg
    '04 R1150R Rockster
    Bucyrus, OH
    USAF Retired

I remember the Titanium brand. They always looked like a well built rig.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I remember the Titanium brand. They always looked like a well built rig.
    OM
    Yeah, we feel fortunate to have found it. They were made from '02 through '09 and then, unfortunately they went out of business. They were made in Canada, very high quality and actually has real insulation unlike most trailers. Admittedly it's older but we bought it from the original owners and we've tried to meet or exceed their level of TLC. I've seen much newer trailers that aren't as solid and haven't held up as well.
    '04 R1150R Rockster
    Bucyrus, OH
    USAF Retired