Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Official MOA RV thread...

Yikes, glad you survived that Dennis!

Have seen those drop offs and only once had a scary experience where getting back to the travel lane just wasn't happening. I think about that everytime I see them now. Major hazard!

We were in Oklahoma following a horse trailer and dually when the trailer lifted several feet and I hit the brakes about the time I hit the buckled expansion joint as well. The inside of the toyhauler was a mess, not as bad as yours by miles for sure, but both bikes had jumped out of wheel chocks as the tie downs compressed and were on their sides on each other. I am sure the horses did not do well and felt for the folks who were dealing with that worse situation...I couldn't look.
    Steve Henson-Mod Team and SABMWRA Prez

Be decisive, right or wrong.The road of life is paved with
    flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision~unknown

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Hope the Cheerios and Cheese Puffs were salvageable as well.

Yes Sir.....Gotta keep smiling with the pretty much anything by just sharing the smiles I get from HERE!!!! All of you have taught me to just count on myself and that I always have my BUDS here to back me up.....God BLESS...……..THANKS.....Dennis

On the subject of trailer sway...

My sis-in-law is storing her Minnie Winnie here and yesterday my UPS driver dropped this heavy item off.

IMG_3299.JPG
    There are two more boxes I have not opened, this is the main unit

A Hensley Mfg Cub receiver hitch. I think her main reason was to simplify hooking up as the torsion bar system she got with the unit takes some serious wrangling even for me. This unit stays on the trailer and only has an external stab that fits in the receiver hitch when your ready to tow.Other than the 70#plus weight of the tongue adapter I have moved twice already in the shop...looks interesting.

Anybody have any info on using one or an opinion...or two

The Hensley is the state of the art for weight distribution and anti-sway all in one simple unit. They are heavy duty, strong, and the best part, easy to install the trailer and get on down the road. Instead of hooking up the weight distribution bars with that time and energy involved one takes all that time and energy in the set up as you get it and install it. Installation is critical and one must be careful and get it done properly. After that, it's get down the road The folks that have them swear by them. The problems are cost, and installation...….Get over those hills and you have something good.

As for me, I have the Reeves stuff that I have been using for years and based upon my latest problem am happy...……..

plug this into your browser:

https://www.google.com/search?q=hens...=airforums.com

You will get discussions of hitches the weight distribution/anti-sway type that are ever known to man.....it's good stuff...…..

Thanks Dennis,

I have not been asked to install the Hensley, maybe she will have the dealer do it when she takes it in for a few items. But, she is H's sister so maybe I should start reading the installation guide

RV's, boats and motorcycles...always something to do!

Spotted in WY a while back

This looks like a nice setup too. And it's a 310! Maybe someone on here?

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Nice

The Arctic Fox line is a premium 4 season rig.

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

I ran across a new RV show called “The RVers”. It’s on the Discovery channel @08:00 est Sunday mornings.
    I’ve seen a couple of episodes- pretty good.
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by henzilla View Post
    Thanks Dennis,

RV's, boats and motorcycles...always something to do!
    YES for sure BUD!!! Mules, goats, cats, LGD(livestock guard dogs), firewood, and of course the winter garden...…….Here I sit in the Naval Air Station Campground at Key West......A worthless hired hand to take care of the place......Oh well, the manure is left as a mess around the hay and feeders, the mail is left in the mail box instead of on the kitchen table, and the electric gate is left open because she cant figure out a battery charger. The real problem there is that the battery is heavy, It needs to be lifted into the back of the RTV and hauled up to the garage barn and charged...…….
    SURE GLAD FOR GOOD NEIGHBORS......AT LEAST SHE FEEDS. What do I want for $30 and an hours worth of work. I only need this heavy duty labor til mid-February.
    The neighbor is installing a new/larger solar panel and controller when it shows up early next week. This should throw enough of a charge on the gate battery to open and close even on the cloudiest series of days...….

Meanwhile, I fight the wind, currents, and tides to get to the fishing holes in order to get the exercise of coming back across the bay by paddling against those killer currents that sweep through these keys. Why can't the slack of tides last hours longer instead of the current of the tides?>>>>>>>>
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks like you found a good spot Dennis
    OM
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200