• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Ford Fusion or an Aston Martin?

oldnslow

It's a way of life!
Has anyone else noticed how much the new Ford Fusion looks like an Aston Martin? That Fusion is one good looking automobile! Do you figure the Fusion was designed years ago when Ford and Aston Martin were in bed together?

Attachments

• Aston-Martin-New-Ford-Fusion-Mondeo.jpg
    Aston-Martin-New-Ford-Fusion-Mondeo.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 139
I asked a Ford parts guy about that front end. He said that the sales Jumped up greatly after the redesign. It does stand out from other makes and does not seem like another enconobox from the past. I think they must of had a better idea and went with it.

my neighbor has a new Fusion and a Malibu. The Malibu is bland by itself, next to the Fusion it looks as interesting as stick of butter on a hot afternoon.

Love the look of this Aston Martin!
I'm sure it's pure unobtainium!

Attachments

• aston-martin-db7-conversion3web.jpg
    aston-martin-db7-conversion3web.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 121
If I understand correctly this is the "One Ford" philosophy.
Me likey.

That philosophy didn't work too well when they used the same platform for a Lincoln, a Volvo and a Jaguar. However, the new Fusion and Focus grills do give the cars a very muscular look. I've driven the Fusion and they seem like very nice cars. But, they are sold to fleet and rental agencies, so don't expect a good resale/trade value.

Kent is right: both series are FWD (or 4WD), not RWD.

You are both wrong! Try reading it. I looked at all the specs.

Taken from the Aston Martin Website.

Vantage Coupe

Body
Two-seat, two-door coupe body style
Extruded bonded aluminium VH body structure
Aluminium, magnesium alloy, composite and steel body
Extruded aluminium door side-impact beams
Halogen projector headlamps (main beam)
High Intensity Discharge headlamps (dipped beam)
LED rear lamps

Performance
Maximum power 313 kW (426 PS /420 bhp) at 7300 rpm
Maximum torque 470 Nm (346 lb ft) at 5000 rpm
Acceleration 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds; 0-62 mph (0-100 km/h) in 4.9 seconds
Maximum speed 290 km/h (180 mph)
Fuel Economy ASMl, Urban FE ? 14.7mpg (19.22 l/km), Extra Urban FE ? 30.4mpg (9.29 l/km), Combined ? 21.9mpg (12.90 l/km), Combined CO2 - 299 g/km
Fuel Economy Manual, Urban FE ? 14.4mpg (19.62 l/km), Extra Urban FE ? 27.2mpg (10.39 l/km), Combined ? 20.5mpg (13.78 l/km), Combined CO2 - 321 g/km

Engine
All-alloy, quad overhead camshaft, 32-valve, 4735 cc V8
Front mid-mounted engine, rear-wheel drive:whistle
Fully catalysed stainless steel exhaust system with active bypass valves
Compression ratio 11.3:1

Transmission
Rear mid-mounted, six-speed manual transmission
Rear mid-mounted, Sportshift II Seven-Speed Automated Manual Transmission
Alloy torque tube with carbon fibre propeller shaft
Limited slip differential
Final drive ratio 3.909:1

Everyone is right

Darryl I believe your post was on the Aston Martin, Kent and David's post were talking about the new Ford Fusion, so you are all right.

Just an observation from your wife.

Went back to the first post and read all posts.

I misread the FWD - RWD confusion.

Ford Fusion FWD

Aston Martin RWD

Sorry

Darryl I believe your post was on the Aston Martin, Kent and David's post were talking about the new Ford Fusion, so you are all right.

Just an observation from your wife.

Terry,

What was your take on the nail video??

Sincerely,

A curious person at a safe distance......

Not my Reality

Terry,

What was your take on the nail video??

Sincerely,

A curious person at a safe distance......

We don"t have to create drama, was just an outsiders observation of a conversation of people talking about two different things.
The video reminds me of bad reality TV(which is all reality TV), not the world Darryl and I live in.

Terry

Back