• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sargent low seat on2005 R1200rt with stock passenger seat.

droptine

Droptine1968
I was wondering if anyone has the Sargent low seat, but kept the stock passenger seat and how goofy did the bike look. If possible, please post a picture of that setup. I'm thinking about that seat, and since my wife doesn't ride with me much any more, so I don't see a need to spend the the extra money on the passenger seat also. But I don't want the bike to look so mismatched.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can shoot one for you later today because I do have the low seat and the stock rear in the closet, but the material on my front seat is not the stock waffle vinyl. I had Sargent do a custom seat in symphony vinyl with no welts and no logo.

I was wondering if anyone has the Sargent low seat, but kept the stock passenger seat and how goofy did the bike look. But I don't want the bike to look so mismatched.

Here is my seat. I put the stock rear on so you can see the difference. The second shot is the complete seat.

Attachments

• Seat.jpg
    Seat.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 103
  • seat2.jpg
    seat2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 102
Hey Tony, thankyou for taking the time to do that. It doesn't look bad at all with the stock rear. I think I will go ahead and order one. I trust you are happy with the seat.

I like the seat, but I was thinking about getting one in the standard height. If you know someone with a low seat, try it on your bike before you order. I use an Alaskan Butt Pad on mine to make it more comfortable.

I agree...try first. The short time at a stop benefits from the lower Sargent, but the vast majority of time you're underway really highlights seat to foot peg distance. Suburban Mach peg lowering kit can help, but my old knees start "crying" a bit when "folded" too long. Otherwise the Sargent front, stock back is a close enough match.

I agree...try first. The short time at a stop benefits from the lower Sargent, but the vast majority of time you're underway really highlights seat to foot peg distance.

I agree also. That's why I want to get a standard height seat.

Otherwise the Sargent front, stock back is a close enough match.

The front seat in the picture is not a standard Sargent seat. It is done completely in the smooth vinyl that they use for the sides of the seat.

Having different material on each seat wouldn't bother me. I was worried if the Sargent front seat would be to low in the back with the stock rear, and leave too much of a gap.

Back