• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Suggestions on best credit union for bike rates

looking to buy a GS...YAY, anyone have the inside scoop on a credit union that would have the best rates? I have quoted with USAA, Navy Federal, and working on XCELfcu from the ON Mag.

thanks

looking to buy a GS...YAY, anyone have the inside scoop on a credit union that would have the best rates? I have quoted with USAA, Navy Federal, and working on XCELfcu from the ON Mag.

thanks

Interest rates are still pretty much at historical lows. If you've got excellent credit you should be able to obtain some pretty good numbers although possibly not as low as a car. Here is a site that might be of help in your search:

http://www.bankrate.com/auto.aspx

I don't think they get into motorcycle loans specifically but if you've got good credit I would certainly negotiate for car-equivelent rates.

This varies wildly. Some CUs set absurd rates like 10% because they don't rally want that business.

NAVY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION available to all Service members.

RIDE SAFE

I am a member of Navy Federal, but their rates are at 6%, USAA - 4.9%, XCELfcu - 5.9% Service Credit Union 3.9%, found my loan and preapproved, wife said get the bike YYAAAYY WHOOOHOOO........gotta play it smart and pay off my truck first. so will not buy the bike until spring 2014.

There is an ad in the July ON magazine for BMW MOA members from XCEL Federal Credit Union advertising rates as low as 2.99% for 36 months. pg 117
www.xcelfcu.org contact Ray de Quintal.

RIDE SAFE

I am a member of Navy Federal, but their rates are at 6%, USAA - 4.9%, XCELfcu - 5.9% Service Credit Union 3.9%, found my loan and preapproved, wife said get the bike YYAAAYY WHOOOHOOO........gotta play it smart and pay off my truck first. so will not buy the bike until spring 2014.

How un-American! Someone who actually thinks before they buy. How are you going to blame the banks for giving you a loan? How smart! ;)

July 2016 Loan

I financed part of my recent R1200RS purchase thru my credit union (Penn State Federal CU). New Auto and MC rates were the same at 1.99%

Everybody has a credit rating. At least 3 actually. Everybody has local banks and credit unions. Everybody has different options. Seeking a "best" answer here is a fools errand.

Last edited:
my dealer says bmw is offering .9 percent right now on a new rt. borrowing the full amount only had a total fee of like $540 for the full 5 years. he even printed it all out so it was not bs. Payments were arount $400 a month.

Back