Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gretchen finally gets to ride in the rain.

Gretchen finally gets to ride in the rain.

So.... rain in the forecast all week here in lower AL. Heavy afternoon thunderstorms with flood warnings. Of course I didn't get any pictures of me riding through the pouring rain to Dothan but I did get a few shots of the bike when I got home. I got a little wet but not too bad. I was listening to the lithium channel on Sirius XM, "Rage Against the Machine came on at a red light and I broke out in my happy dance in the pouring rain. At 2100 miles, the bike has road grime and dirt on her now.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5
    SECMOA (BMW MOA secretary)

Where's that dirt?????
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

Cowboyatheart
    Quote Originally Posted by rangerreece View Post
    So.... rain in the forecast all week here in lower AL. Heavy afternoon thunderstorms with flood warnings. Of course I didn't get any pictures of me riding through the pouring rain to Dothan but I did get a few shots of the bike when I got home. I got a little wet but not too bad. I was listening to the lithium channel on Sirius XM, "Rage Against the Machine came on at a red light and I broke out in my happy dance in the pouring rain. At 2100 miles, the bike has road grime and dirt on her now.

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Where's all the other junk that occupies a garage?
    Moringa, your body & brain will thank you! PM for discounts Smart Mix at TasteMoringa.com
    XM3 Energy, real energy for the body & brain, no sugar high, XM3.Energy

Quote Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
    Where's that dirt?????
    I think he made her wipe her feet and scrub up before entering the operating room.

My bike gets dirtier than that on dry roads.

Hey Ranger, how's that arm healing?

I'm not even gonna ask about that pink dog...
    Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Dirt?

I've seen new bikes on the showroom floor that have more dirt on them!
    Ride Well

Last time I saw a garage that clean was in an episode of Dexter.

The last time I saw a garage that clean ... well, I never saw a garage that clean.
    Walter

All government, of course, is against liberty.
    H. L. Mencken

You guys are so funny. You know I have OCD. believe it or not there was dirt on that bike, it took me about 2 hours and 2 beers to get her up to the Reece standard. I guess what impressed me about the bike yesterday was despite the heavy down pour all the electronics helmet included worked like a champ. Life changed for me when I'm sitting at a red light on my way to top off with ethanol free gas and rage against the machine comes on the lithium channel and I start rocking out there in the road. People be like... "Man he's crazy..."

Pink license plate, pink eared dog... It's a breast cancer survivor thing. We just bought a used 2016 RT tank bag to clip in for her, Ellie, to modify so she can start riding with us. She loves to ride with her daddy.

image.jpg

Arm is healing up good. On the way back from national I "elected" to take the splint off and have been doing OT on my own. I've been back on the bike since. Cynics morning I'm headed down to gulf breeze to have the doctor give me the thumbs up so I can start flying again.
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5

mine got wet the night I rode it home......in Denver traffic no less. Ugghh. Been a great bike and yours looks great and very clean. It's amazing to me how little water gets on you when riding in the rain on these. When I lived and rode in Florida my ZZR1200 would have me soaked at times, not on this bike. The aerodynamics are great for keeping you dry.

Rangerreece I noted on the bottom of your post SECMOA. Are YOU the new secretary?

My 15RT took to the rain like a golden retriever, did develope a twitch though in the electric locking switch, kept locking and unlocking, went awY after locking bike and setting alarm, dealer will replace switch next time i'am in
    FYI rode in rain mode and normal suspension 400 miles

Quote Originally Posted by EUGENE View Post
    Rangerreece I noted on the bottom of your post SECMOA. Are YOU the new secretary?
    Yes, Reece is the new MOA Secretary. He follows Muriel Farrington who did an excellent job in the position from 2007-2016. FWIW, Reece is not the first male to hold the position of Secretary for the MOA. Prior to 2007, Rob Nye was the MOA Secretary for three years and he too did an outstanding job. Thanks Reece for stepping up to fill this important MOA Board position.
    Chuck Manley #12106
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Ambassador, Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '13 R12GSA (the Outlaw), Black '02 K12RS (157K)

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Yes, Reece is the new MOA Secretary. He follows Muriel Farrington who did an excellent job in the position from 2007-2016. FWIW, Reece is not the first male to hold the position of Secretary for the MOA. Prior to 2007, Rob Nye was the MOA Secretary for three years and he too did an outstanding job. Thanks Reece for stepping up to fill this important MOA Board position.
    Yes I have met Muriel. She did a great job!
    Congratulates to Reece. Now just get the arm healed up. Eugene Kraemer #104709

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WalterK75 View Post
    The last time I saw a garage that clean ... well, I never saw a garage that clean.
    I'm thinking it's a "stunt" garage.

Looks good

OM
    "I bought a ticket to the circus, I don't know why I was so surprised to see elephants" Norris Church Mailer
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by EUGENE View Post
    Yep, that's me. Secretary seemed a little feminine for a guy like me, so I churched it up a little and gave myself the SECMOA title in my signature line. SEC STATE, SEC DEF, and now you have SECMOA. A little tongue-in-cheek. I consider it a great honor to serve as an officer my first year as a director. In regards to my military service many people as of late would say, "thank you for your service." At first, I didn't really know how to respond to gratitude from strangers, it wasn't something I was accustomed to. But eventually, and with much thought regarding my service, I finally was able to formulate a response from the heart. "It was my pleasure." It works for me because, it is the truth I found within myself upon a little introspective reflection. It was "literally" my pleasure to serve this nation. I can say without reservation regarding my service to the MOA the same is true. It pleases me greatly to serve such a fine organization with such outstanding members as these.

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    Chuck, thanks for your service. As a new board member I am in full recognition of the fact that I stand on the shoulders of giants. Clearly I see the degree of work and sacrifice that came before me. I am humbled by the degree of devotion and frankly raw talent of my fellow board members and the staff... holy cow; we are a blessed organization. I am so looking forward to this new chapter.

So a quick day in the life of a SECMOA: I had to head to Gulf Breeze to see the hand surgeon and get "signed off" to fly again (helicopters, not motorcycles) After National, I took my cast off, it was driving me crazy seeing all those bikes and not being able to ride. When I got home and went back to work I rode the bike. Did a lot of my own occupational therapy on the right wrist. So today, was my doctors appointment, the fact that I rode my bike 3 hours for the appointment lends itself in the plus column that I'm healing up pretty fast. I did a lot of rehab before the break. After the doctors appointment I went to pensacola to eat, see my son, and spend some time in the dealership, getting a milage contest forms signed, a 100,000 mile form signed, and turn in my $20 promo card from this months ON magazine. As the south east doesn't really have a "Regional Coordinator" I spent a lot of time in the dealership talking to the owner, general manager, sales manager, getting a feel, for how promos are affecting dealerships, where are the short falls, where are they coming from etc. Educating myself on the issues for MOA promotions at the dealership and BMW NA. Fought a BMW NAV V GPS that was still on the wrong navigation preferences to get home in time for a Board Conference call, dodging unsuccessfully thunderstorms in route... oh yeah, high drama, lots of fun. Got home in time for the conference call.
    Gretchen is wet again and I aint got the gumption to clean her again before I head in to work la manyaña.

Chuck, because I can't pronounce your drink of choice it has become Chupacabra on my tongue.
    MOA # 143779
    MOA charter club #5