• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1935 BMW R 2 Series IV Information

b25bsaboy

Good morning,

I have the task of doing an appraisal for a 1935 R 2 Series IV. In doing some research on this beautiful single classic I am discovering there is very little information about these classic machines. Does anyone in our group have any information about these machines?

Other than doing a search for the bike on the web, I'm not sure where else to go. Vech at Benchmark Works is certainly a resource...he's building an R4 which has been documented here. I know of a guy named Jack Wells who lives in Florida who is an expert with the singles, though it might be mostly the post war singles. I have a book at home by LJK Setright that has quite a bit of information the pre-1975 bikes.

What sort of things are you looking for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_R2

Back