• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New rider, BMW owner, long time wannabe

chris.burcher

In Abingdon, VA. My pops rode R's and then K's all through my childhood. My bro is a BMW mechanic in Salem, VA. I finally took the plunge this spring and have clocked 2500 miles on my KRS. It's definitely in my genes. Proud to be here and part of the MOA. Many good roads around here - hope to see some of on the road or at my brewery in Abingdon.

Chris -

Welcome! We recently had an Airhead owner broken down in your town...did you see him? Just kidding! Lots of good roads in VA...a couple of years ago, I came off the BRP right about there and decided to take I-81 NE for a while...still a great ride. Anton Largiader is farther NE in Charlottesville...good BMW mechanic source for wrenching if you need it.

Hi Chris, Welcome aboard!!!

You have now joined a fraternity of some of the most interesting (and sick) people you will ever meet. Some things you may expect:

1. You will begin to ride more and become adept at making up excuses to ride; (like the time I told my wife I needed to head to Cape May NJ in late March in 43 degree weather-I believe I told her that was to improve my mental health-FAT CHANCE!!!)
2. You will begin to become more interested in your particular motorcycle
3. You will begin to think about riding to distant places
4. You will begin to take your riding gear more seriously
5. You will begin to think about going to rallys"
6. Your significant other will not believe you when you tell them that you are only going to the BMW dealer to "windowshop"; Whenever I tell my wife I'm going to Hermy's her question is always "are you going to buy another motorcycle?"
7. You will take your riding skills development more seriously
8. You may be adopted by a cranky old fart who will teach you the Tao of BMW motorcycles and freely share their opinions whether you want to hear them or not
9. You will meet some truly obnoxious people who think a $3000 riding suit means that they are in some way superior to you
10. You will meet some of the best riders/wrenches and friends you will ever know.

Go to rallys, learn about your bike, improve your riding skills, improve your riding gear and just plain get to know "the folk"

If you happen to be in the Scranton, Pa. area, you always have a place to stay

One last thing......
Remember when you get a bunch of us together that the first liar doesn't stand a chance

Will 70125 19 year member

Ha! Would have noticed (and stopped for) an airhead on the side of the road near my house.

Funny, always thought I'd start with an old R airhead but the KRS was too slick to pass up (and cheaper).

Sick is good - I'll fit right in.

Went to my first rally a few weeks back. Turns out, it was at the same place my dad used to go some years back. All Chautauqua and junk.

Thanks for the welcomes y'all!

So true

You have now joined a fraternity of some of the most interesting (and sick) people you will ever meet. Some things you may expect:

1. You will begin to ride more and become adept at making up excuses to ride; (like the time I told my wife I needed to head to Cape May NJ in late March in 43 degree weather-I believe I told her that was to improve my mental health-FAT CHANCE!!!)
2. You will begin to become more interested in your particular motorcycle
3. You will begin to think about riding to distant places
4. You will begin to take your riding gear more seriously
5. You will begin to think about going to rallys"
6. Your significant other will not believe you when you tell them that you are only going to the BMW dealer to "windowshop"; Whenever I tell my wife I'm going to Hermy's her question is always "are you going to buy another motorcycle?"
7. You will take your riding skills development more seriously
8. You may be adopted by a cranky old fart who will teach you the Tao of BMW motorcycles and freely share their opinions whether you want to hear them or not
9. You will meet some truly obnoxious people who think a $3000 riding suit means that they are in some way superior to you
10. You will meet some of the best riders/wrenches and friends you will ever know.

Go to rallys, learn about your bike, improve your riding skills, improve your riding gear and just plain get to know "the folk"

If you happen to be in the Scranton, Pa. area, you always have a place to stay

One last thing......
Remember when you get a bunch of us together that the first liar doesn't stand a chance

Will 70125 19 year member

I had to laugh, this has all happened to me over the last 4 months.

Back