• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BBQ, Cigars and BMWs

bikerhiker04

Just in case anyone is tired of riding Saturday, we got this note in from a local merchant. He's about 2.5 miles southeast of the rally site:

This is Doug Powell owner of the Lancaster Liquor Store in Salem Or. We have a BBQ, Cigar night, and BMW bike display planned in our parking lot for Saturday 7/20 from noon to about 7. Should be fun with freebies from cigar and alcohol distributors. BBQ will be burgers and dogs at little cost with free samples of premium alcohol and any soft drink we carry. We have one of the largest selections of alcohol and mixers in Oregon.

Location: 698 Lancaster Dr. NE....on the corner of Lancaster and Center St. From the Rally take Sunnyview east to Lancaster then south to Center. SE corner.

Just don't forget the closing ceremonies from 5 to 6 pm. Many prizes are "must be there to win" :deal

Very cool;

When local merchants step up like this, its just icing on a rally cake:). These folks don't get forgotten, imo. When we travel so far to an event like this national rally, its so very nice to feel welcome and a merchant in the area has only positive to gain. Hope folks listen:). I've been to dozens(26) of National Rallies now and last year in Sedalia I missed the closing ceremony, first time ever for me! Reason: I got carried away at a local merchant across the street and time escaped me:). I don't try to miss my "MOA ceremonies" on purpose, never intended, BUT sometimes the locals go out of their way to make us welcome:). Last year, I got caught up in it. A first. Randy

Back