• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Problems with flea market ad posting

willhawks

Folks,

Today I attempted to list some things for sale on the flea market. After writing up the ad and trying to publish same, the site kept kicking me to some bull**** site which was trying to sell me college degree programs. It may interest you to know that I am a psychologist and I have more than enough degrees as it stands. I understand that you need sponsors for websites but PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZE!!! When your pop-ups begin to impair members (in my case 18 years) ability to use the website for it's intended purpose, it's time to find another sponsor. Please have someone contact me about how to really post an ad without some schiester trying to sell me nonsense!

Will3hawks, 70125

Will -

Not sure what the issue is on your end. I just put up a dummy ad, and was able to post it without being sent anywhere. Worked just fine. Not sure what happens if you don't complete the entries correctly. If you have more information, post here or PM me. Otherwise, about all I can suggest is to call the office tomorrow. The Flea Market is separate from the forum and the Moderators have no control over what happens there.

Update: There are 2 things that you MUST fill in to successfully post an ad. The title and short description. (For selling a motorcycle, there are a few more marked with red asterisks out to the right.) If you don't do those two, you can never leave the page. Cost is required but if you don't put anything, it defaults to $0. It would be nice to select a category, but if you don't, it's just left blank. So, if you fill in at least those two items, there should be no problem completing an ad. Once you clear the first page, you must click the box to agree to the terms and conditions. If you don't, you will see banners on the page indicating you must do that to continue.

I can't tell from what you posted if you were ever successful in posting an ad. If you were, then you should have received an email verifying that you posted the ad.

I re-entered the ad

Re-entered the ad
Clicked "Complete" got bounced to the same B.S. college degree website AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will -

There's no place to click "Complete" that I know. The first page you must click on "Next" at the bottom. On the second page, after clicking the check box for the terms and conditions, you click on "Submit". That's it...I don't see where you are supposed to click on "Complete".

Try clearing your browser cookie/history file and log in from scratch. There are no redirects to anywhere that I know of (currently). OM

Back