• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2004 R1150RS Fuel tank Connector

MOONDOG59

Bought bike used recently and removed the tank to install farkle and found the tank connector it tough shape :dunno:

It was wrapped in electrical tape, holding the broken part of the connector and ty-wrap'd also. My question, is this connector available and are the any special tools needed to push pins out. I looked at Bob's fish but didn't recognize any of the connectors.

There is a tool, I'm just not sure where you'd find it. I've usually improvised.

If the female half is intact, mate the connectors, use a tie-wrap from end to end, and give it a wrap with tape, just like it was. In the meantime you could try drew at max BMW. You might try an electrical supplier who carries AMP.

It's taken me months to come up with three different O2 connector pairs but I think I'm just about there.

Oh, I should have mentioned, Cummins and International on the Maxx-Force engines use the same connectors. I got mine from the scrap pile at an International dealer.

Not about connector

I used to have a 2004 r1150rs....so thought I might mention changing out the plastic quick fuel disconnects for the newer metal versions if you had not already done so. One of mine cracked when I was about 2500 miles away from home and started spurting gas out everywhere. Finally made it to a Napa dealer and jury rigged it until I got home. I found out later that it was a problem on many newer bikes. Took a long time for BMW to correct it and put the metal ones on there. It was a nice running bike when everything was working right but it was to much technology for me. I went back to my old airhead.

DW

Back