• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Speedometer

Justscootin

Jeff Wilson life member
I was out riding the other day (just like the rest of you) and my speedometer went wacky.
On a normal day my gps, speedometer and the bike digital readout are all within a couple of kmph.
On this ride I left a stop sign and went into a curve as I came out of the curve I looked down at the speedometer and it said that I was doing 120 kmph over double the limit realizing that this could not be, I looked at the gps 60kmph. I pulled over and when the bike was stopped the speedo read 50kmph. Started the bike and again the speedo went to 35kmph. A third time it came down to 20kmph and the fourth time back to zero.
I did not bother with the dealer as they would want to see it happen and they would tell me to monitor this

Has this speedo issue happened to anyone else

No issues on mine!

I have about 11,000 KMs no problems with this issue so far. Will keep my eyes open..Good Luck

Chris:uhoh:

I was out riding the other day (just like the rest of you) and my speedometer went wacky.
On a normal day my gps, speedometer and the bike digital readout are all within a couple of kmph.
On this ride I left a stop sign and went into a curve as I came out of the curve I looked down at the speedometer and it said that I was doing 120 kmph over double the limit realizing that this could not be, I looked at the gps 60kmph. I pulled over and when the bike was stopped the speedo read 50kmph. Started the bike and again the speedo went to 35kmph. A third time it came down to 20kmph and the fourth time back to zero.
I did not bother with the dealer as they would want to see it happen and they would tell me to monitor this

Has this speedo issue happened to anyone else

When I made the appointment for the luggage rack recall, the service person said that, while I was there, they could take care of a "campaign" on my bike. It seems there is updated software for the instrument cluster.

I've never seen mine do anything odd, but if you have, maybe you should check into that. I'm getting the update on Friday; I'll let you know if I notice anything.

Patrick

When I made the appointment for the luggage rack recall, the service person said that, while I was there, they could take care of a "campaign" on my bike. It seems there is updated software for the instrument cluster.

I've never seen mine do anything odd, but if you have, maybe you should check into that. I'm getting the update on Friday; I'll let you know if I notice anything.

Patrick

I have also set up my appointment in a few weeks for the software update and at the same time I am going to get the luggage rack recall taken care of. (2 self locking nuts and some lock tight)

Back