• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New member - northern Delaware

wbrownell9

Hi, all. I just bought my first BMW, a 2012 RT,and am so happy! I love this bike! It loves to run, and it loves to lean. I find it more even more comfortable than my previous bike although the stock seat has to go.

I had a CB350 in the early 70's, sold it and life happened, then my son bought a bike and took my wife for a ride. She loved it and was always up for a ride, then after a couple of planned rides fell through she turned to me at dinner and said "you should get a bike so you can take me riding". OK, twist my arm... So we looked around and she fell in love with a Goldwing. That was way too much for a short (5'6") guy 35 years from his last bike. So after I took the MSF course, we ended up with a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 which I felt was the most I could handle as a returning rider. After a year or so, and a short trip where it was clear that the ergos couldn't be made to work for me, I decided it was time to go for a wing. She only got to ride it 3 times before lung cancer got her, but I kept it for 2 years because it was so versatile and comfortable. I rode it year round, mostly commuting and taking the long way home. After 37,000 miles I finally got tired of horsing it around and bought the bike I'd wanted since before I got the wing - the RT.

I'm glad I didn't wait for the waterhead RT to be available because I'd have missed out on months worth of good riding on my new (to me) bike - as well as any teething troubles it'll have. My closest dealer is over an hour away so I plan to do most of my own routine maintenance.

Looking forward to sharing and learning more about my bike on these forums.

Warren

Welcome aboard

Im sure you will find the rt to a great new friend. If you are open to more new friends and several other rt guys ( I'm a k brick guy myself) check out he Mid Atlantic Riders. We meet the second Saturday of month at various locations. Several members of the group spent this past weekend down in Asheville at the RA rally. Contact Teresa at tme1202@msn.com for details.

Tom
Wilmington, de

Welcome to the club! 88,000+ on my latest RT and I still love it!

Welcome to the fold, wbrownell9 and tedkyra, glad to have you. Oh, and great choice of machines. The RT is the finest I have owned.

When you get a moment, please share a pic of your bikes.

Scot

Back