• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Re-enter log in info

trailrunner

Maybe I missed this somewhere else, why do I need t re-enter log info when going from home page to forum or flea market?

No, you didn't miss anything. There's a long standing issue about getting knocked off of the MOA home page and the Flea Market. The office is aware of it and is working to correct it. Sometimes it works...sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully they'll have it solved soon.

But the forum shouldn't be a problem...I've been logged into the forum for months now...I don't have to login each time. Be sure and check the remember me box.

Maybe I missed this somewhere else, why do I need t re-enter log info when going from home page to forum or flea market?
Yeah TR, it's been a problem. We have a list of things we are trying to get sorted out. Between this part of the forum and our Online Central part of the forum, there is some info. Try a read through this thread- http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?67923-Won-t-remember-quot-Log-In-Information-quot from Online Central and you can get and idea of the goings on. Gary

One data point...I've remained logged in for 24 hours now on my home machine, even after turning it off over night. I use IE 8 exclusively. I also tried Chrome and logged in there. Same thing, I've been logged in now for 24 hours. Not sure if things are fixed, if Chrome has served to "hold" my login, or if it's just a passing solar corona field!! But maybe things are better? :dunno

Nope;

I've been off and on a few times today and still must log in about every other time! Its not fixed. Been doing this for some time now, months it seems. I have been clicking the "recognize me" box every time, just doesn't work 50% of the time. Randy

same as polar bear

I too have to reenter my id and password even though I check the remember me box.

Is there any fix forthcoming for this.

I too have to reenter my id and password even though I check the remember me box.

Yes, there is. It seems to work for some people and not for others...somewhat spotty. Thanks for your patience.

I've been off and on a few times today and still must log in about every other time! Its not fixed. Been doing this for some time now, months it seems. I have been clicking the "recognize me" box every time, just doesn't work 50% of the time. Randy

Another test for this kinda thing- to see if it's a flea market/home page problem- try logging in with a completely different computer- children's, wife or work. If it stays and holds for you, there is some old info stored on your computer that the system is reverting back to.
Don't forget to let us know how you make out as it helps others that are having a problem.
OM

Houston We have A Problem

I still have to log in each time even though i check the remember me button. However, a new wrinkle has been added. Even though I log in to the site, I have to log in again on the forum.

"Change is not good." ANON.

Yes, the need to relogin to the MOA main website or Flea Market is still required...annoying to say the least. The office has been tied up leading up to the rally, so hopefully they will be able to refocus in the next few weeks.

As for having to login again to the forum, that's unusual...I've not had to relogin to the forum since April when we came back on-line. Be sure you check the "remember me" box. Also be sure you don't have something else running or that has changed recently to create the problem. You shouldn't have to do that for the forum...no one else seems to be having that issue that I've heard of.

I stay logged into the Forum, even on multiple computers, but not the rest of the site. When I click on the link from my 'favorites', I start on the Home page which does not show me as logged in. When I click on the Forum button from the home page, without logging in, the Forum page opens and shows me logged in. If I then go to the Flea Market, it's like the Home page, it doesn't show me logged in. Back to Forum and I show logged in. During the entire session, I never log in but only the Forum retains my log-in from session to session. Weird. It appears that the site has some missing links that treat different pages independently rather than allowing one sign-in to access the entire site. This is true on my mac, ipad and pc.

The forum is running different software than the MOA homepage and Flea Market...that is my understanding. Thus, all the rules for staying logged in are different on the two sides. The office knows about it and has been looking into the problem...the National rally kind of put a slow down on these updates.

Back