• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Need help identifying a rubber part

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
***FOUND IT*** I need half a dozen of these little trim pieces and have no idea what search terms to use. It's a rubber bumper that's pushed thru a 3/16 hole and keeps the hatch of my sidecar from slamming against the fiberglass tub on rough pavement or dirt roads.

I could probably find it on JC Whitney if I knew what to call them. Any ideas?

Trim.jpg

Last edited:
:thumb At the page (Google) that shows images, there was an auto-body shop supplier that seemed to feature them. Around my way, I could get them for sure from Robert Karpp..Attleboro/Boston.
OM

True, but you live in the Deep Souf. Up here in Vermont things like that aren't carried on the assumption that any vehicle old enough to need them rusted away decades ago.

If you want authentic BMW - they've used these on the bottom of many of their seats where they touch the frame rails. About $1.50/each or so.

Yep, my 86 airhead has a bunch of these rubbers supporting the seat. Check the fiche at Max BMW for the part number.

Rubber part

Looks like the dampening isolators that are used on the lower part of the tool tray for the (ignition brain?) on a '92 K 75s and possibly any other year K 75.

I posted my part number & a source several months ago-they are a GM part number & common as dirt and cheap-buy them 25 to the box for a couple of $. Metric factor doesn't matter as rubber slides into the holes fine as they are.

***FOUND IT*** I need half a dozen of these little trim pieces and have no idea what search terms to use. It's a rubber bumper that's pushed thru a 3/16 hole and keeps the hatch of my sidecar from slamming against the fiberglass tub on rough pavement or dirt roads.

I could probably find it on JC Whitney if I knew what to call them. Any ideas?

View attachment 40550

Look up a company called Au-Vee-Co They are a hardware supplier for the auto industry.

auveco.com

Back