• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Has anyone in the US received their BMW luggage?

bobcowin

Has anyone in the US received their luggage for the new GS? I ordered mine, along with the bike, about 6 weeks ago. I ordered the BMW Vario-bags, tank bags (large and small), and even the engine guards. I got the bike a week or so after ordering, but none of the accessories have come in yet. The dealer says that BMW still hasn't even released them yet, so they have no idea when anything will be in. Is everyone else in this situation?

One of the guys on ADVRider in the SF bay area got his tank bag.

ETA: But if it makes you feel any better, my local dealer here in MA has not seen a single tank bag yet. They're bummed because those could be such easy add-on sales but without them being in stock, people aren't buying them.

I got a set of saddlebags when I received the bike, but BMW really had to jump through hoops to get it.

That was two weeks ago. They should be available real soon, though.

Ian

Picked up bike in May with back box, 2 weeks later got both saddlebags, still waiting on tank bag and engine protection bars

I have got my right bag, but the left one is still coming. Glad I'm not heading for the RA rally next week without the large bag.

so.....

...your gonna ride with 1 hung large & loaded! can you do that?

...your gonna ride with 1 hung large & loaded! can you do that?

Yes you can. Doing it for the last week. Can't ride a GS without bags and haul much around. Makes it tough to go to the grocery store. Have to put the milk crate no the back with the Roc Straps to be able to haul the load home without both bags, especially when you only have the small bag. Should have ordered Jesse bags.

Got my bike 5/23. I recieved the top case two weeks later. The mounting plate a little later. Side bags should be here end of the month. Touratech engine gaurds at the end of the month and top guard that mounts to the engine guard end of next month. BMW headlight protector who knows when.:banghead

BMW accessories back ordered

Picked up my GSW on 4-30-13. Ordered and paid for the BMW small tank bag at the same time. Still no word on the tank bag. 2 months back ordered, really? Glad I ordered the panniers, top box, engine guards, radiator guards, headlight protector and few other pieces from Touratech. Got all of the TT stuff within three weeks. What's up with BMW:brow

bmw crash bars

My dealer called this morning,my crash bars are in.Picked up my bike 3-25-13 and ordered then. :) Jerry

Congratulations Jerry.

By that time frame I might see my tank bag on a month. I was hoping to have it in time for the Salem Rally. Kind of gave up on that notion.

I'm heading out on my second long trip on the bike with effectively no luggage! Two months and still no bags? Very, very frustrating.

Got my GS-WC this past Wednesday, and I was lucky the dealer had a set of crash bars, so I'm good to go with that; however I discovered the day after the sale that the panniers are still in Germany, and they aren't sure when to expect those. Additionally, I purchased the Navigator IV and was told it would take a day to arrive--you guessed it, now I'm told that it's back ordered, but it could be in any day--go figure. I'm loving this bike so much without the complete package. Came off of a RT after 4 years and 66K+, and really enjoyed that bike, but the GS is a whole another story--spent the day playing in the rain at the beach in sloppy, wet sand and several washed out ditches along the way. Can't wait for my next long trip.:dance

Selling my BMW vario cases

As I see people are having a hard time getting their luggage, I am selling my set of BMW Vario top and side cases. I installed back rest pads on top case and I will include bracket to mount top case. The whole set for $1350.00 plus shipping to wherever you are located!! And yes this set is for a 2013 R1200GS WC with exhaust on right side.

I got my panniers in about one week--yah, now if I could only pick up the Navigator GPS, things would be complete at that point. No worries though, I'm using my old GPS, and it works just fine--and there's nothing like have a paper map to augment GPSs.:laugh

Last edited:
After 12 weeks I finally got my large tank bag. Tomorrow I get the top box. Just waiting for the two side cases, the small tank bag and the engine guards. Maybe 13 weeks will be the charm!

The bike was in the shop for the top case, and I got an email that the two side cases came in too! I have all three bags now. Finally! :clap

Back