• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bad Day

jeffd

You know you are having a bad day when you walk out of the office and see your bike taking a nap.

Seriously, I hope the two people in the car are ok. They were both life flighted out.

Jeff

Now the fun with insurance companies begins. 2 cars and a truck were totaled plus the damage to my bike. The person that caused the wreck has $10,000 in coverage. Don't think anybody is going to be happy.

It sounds like lawyer time or is this one of those cases where you can't get blood out of a turnip? Regardless of the amount of insurance the at fault person has, he is still liable for the damage.

I hope you have uninsured/underinsured insurance coverage on your policy. It's required by law in VA. If it happened in Va with a Va Policy, your insurance would step in as if they insured the other policy with payment for the damage, rental coverage, etc. If the guilty party is identified, there is no deductible. The insurance would go back and collect their spent money from the guilty party.

I hope you have uninsured/underinsured insurance coverage on your policy. It's required by law in VA. If it happened in Va with a Va Policy, your insurance would step in as if they insured the other policy with payment for the damage, rental coverage, etc. If the guilty party is identified, there is no deductible. The insurance would go back and collect their spent money from the guilty party.

Ohio requires it but it is somewhat strange in that the offending party has insurance so my uninsured does not kick in and the underinsured only applies to medical costs. It seems like there is some feet dragging going on, or maybe I just want the whole process to go faster. Still waiting to find out about estimates. Don't know yet if Geico has an estimator in my region or not. If not, I will have to take the bike to my dealer (1 1/2 hrs away) and then submit it. I already know what the parts costs are and can guess on the labor so I have a good idea of where I am at money wise.
Jeff

Back