• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Wethead GS Farkles - Post them here!

In addition to switching to HID headlights, I also added a few other lights up front on my '14 GSLC. I use the 30W LEDs from ADVmonster for my running lights, mounted above a pair of Hella Fog lamps (from one of my older bikes) on an SW Motech light bar. These are wired to my high beams and go to full power when high beam switch is engaged. The variable switch (also from ADVmonster) came with plug connectors for the lights and was a snap to install. The five-light LED bar mounted above the front fender is my nighttime deer fighter and puts out serious light. It's mounted off the fender with struts I had fabricated.

IMG_0027-001.jpg

The light bar and the fog lights are switched with toggles. Finding a place to mount auxiliary switches on the GS was a challenge, so I made my own mounting bracket and secured it through the holes that normally are used for the GPS mounting bracket (on the left side of the windshield). The dimmer switch for the 30W LEDs is mounted with velcro just above the toggles.

IMG_0030-001.jpg

2022 R 1250 RS mods

Hi folks - My wife can't understand how I could spend $20K for a state-of-the-art BMW and then spend the next two months working on it. Actually, I don't quite understand it, either... Thanks to all of you who posted ideas and recommendations - some of which I followed!

I really don't like the new look in bike rear ends - the kind with just a seat and taillight. I don't get it. So I added a fender - much better. IMHO The fender looks simple (my goal) but it was the hardest part to do. I had to saw it in half lengthwise and widen it by 1.5 inches. When a friend asked if it was a BMW part I was so happy!

IMG_2197.jpg

https://www.monsterscooterparts.com...r-for-the-baja-doodle-bug-db30-mini-bike.html

I had a bit too much reach to the bars so I added these risers.

IMG_2202.jpg

https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/wunderlich-handlebar-risers.html

Kickstand plate seemed small so I got this one and painted it black

IMG_2198.jpg

https://www.bobsbmw.com/store/produ...00r-15-19-r1200rs-15-19-r1250r-19--r1250rs-19

Many of you recommended bar end weights so

IMG_2204.jpg

http://www.hvmp.com/BMW-s/5.htm

I wanted more light in the back and this one is great - it's not lit in the photo but it's a taillight/brake light/turn signal/slow-down/combo. Excellent product.

IMG_2201.jpg

https://admorelighting.com/product/admore-light-bar-pro/

I had Clearwater lights on a previous motorcycle and loved how they integrate with Hi/LOW beam headlights (and the horn). The Clearwater folks recommended mounting to the lower fork shields but I disagreed and mounted them where the winglets used to be...

IMG_2203.jpg

https://www.clearwaterlights.com/products/darla-r1200rs

I have a couple seat/tail bags that I used. The larger one is good for an extended trip so no need for saddle bags. I can unhook the bag and be in the hotel while my pals are digging into their bags...

https://saddlemen.com/motorcycle-rider-bags-luggage/seat-tail-tunnel-mounted-bags?limit=60

I use RainZip on the windshield

http://www.nationalcycle.com/n1410-01.html

That's it for now - thanks to all for your posts, guidance and help!

On my 2016 R1200 GSA LC...

Useful additions:
  • Avant 12GS_LC Fender Extender - no holes to drill.
  • Cox Racing Radiator Guard Set, Silver with additional fiberglass screen. No bugs in the radiator and bugs wipe right off!

• GiVi SRA 5112 Rear Rack for a Givi E52 Maxia used as a top box.
  • GiVi E52 Maxia - used on day rides and multi-day trips.
  • BMW Aluminum Luggage Cases - used on multi-day trips.
  • SW-MOTECH Daypack and EVO Tank Ring.
  • BMW Navigator V.
  • Wunderlich BMW Navigator V Sun Shade.
  • Dynaplug Pro Tire Repair Kit.
  • Crank Brothers Power Pump - 6" long and conforms to the KISS principle.

And just after I got all this installed, I am keeping the bike. :laugh

I've been around a long time and the one thing I have noticed about any activity, be it a motorcycle, a car or what have you, its not about the activity but about buying of bling and farkles. And when it is all blinged/farkled out with nothing else to buy, owners sell it and start all over again. Go figure. :scratch

Useful additions:
  • Avant 12GS_LC Fender Extender - no holes to drill.
  • Cox Racing Radiator Guard Set, Silver with additional fiberglass screen. No bugs in the radiator and bugs wipe right off!

• GiVi SRA 5112 Rear Rack for a Givi E52 Maxia used as a top box.
  • GiVi E52 Maxia - used on day rides and multi-day trips.
  • BMW Aluminum Luggage Cases - used on multi-day trips.
  • SW-MOTECH Daypack and EVO Tank Ring.
  • BMW Navigator V.
  • Wunderlich BMW Navigator V Sun Shade.
  • Dynaplug Pro Tire Repair Kit.
  • Crank Brothers Power Pump - 6" long and conforms to the KISS principle.

And just after I got all this installed, I am keeping the bike. :laugh

I've been around a long time and the one thing I have noticed about any activity, be it a motorcycle, a car or what have you, its not about the activity but about buying of bling and farkles. And when it is all blinged/farkled out with nothing else to buy, owners sell it and start all over again. Go figure. :scratch

We need photos, please.:lurk

E.

We need photos, please.:lurk

E.

I had all of them up but some photos were flipped 90 degrees on this site when they weren't on my PC or other sites, so I removed them all.

Avant 12GS_LC Fender Extender - no holes to drill.
Avant 12GS_LC Fender Extender - 1.jpg

Avant 12GS_LC Fender Extender - 2.jpg

Cox Racing Radiator Guard Set, Silver with additional fiberglass screen. No bugs in the radiator and bugs wipe right off!
Cox Racing Radiator Guard Set, Silver with Screen.jpg

Dynaplug Pro Tire Reair Kit.
DynaPlug Pro.jpg

Crank Brothers Power Pump.
Power Pump.jpg

Well we all know what the BMW aluminum luggage, a GiVi E52 Maxia on a GiVi SRA5112 Rear Monokey Rack or a BMW Navigator V looks like on my R1200 GSA LC a few days after I got it and it is still bare...
2016-07-26 - 2016 BMW R1200 GS Adventure - 2-XL.jpg

I had all of them up but some photos were flipped 90 degrees on this site when they weren't on my PC or other sites, so I removed them all.

View attachment 89383

View attachment 89384

Cox Racing Radiator Guard Set, Silver with additional fiberglass screen. No bugs in the radiator and bugs wipe right off!
View attachment 89385

Dynaplug Pro Tire Reair Kit.
View attachment 89387

Crank Brothers Power Pump.
View attachment 89386

Well we all know what the BMW aluminum luggage, a GiVi E52 Maxia on a GiVi SRA5112 Rear Monokey Rack or a BMW Navigator V looks like on my R1200 GSA LC a few days after I got it and it is still bare...
View attachment 89388

Very Nice, and good photos!

E.

2016 r1200 rtp

Brought home a new-to-me 2016 R1200RTP towards the end of Sept.

i-S9rpRxw-X3.jpg

First order of business was to improve the lighting situation. I got the motorcycle with all the police authority lights fully functional. These had to either be gone or converted to something more useful. I went with the Cyclops LED kit for Hi/Lo beams. That little project of replacing Halogens with LEDs led to a completely unplanned, unexpected scope creep. And I ended up with a whole long laundry list of lighting upgrades. The motorcycle went through a complete cosmetic overhaul as I had all the white parts wrapped in Pearl White Vinyl and just repainted the black parts myself. As I started to put the motorcycle together, I really did not like that rear top box without the top lights. So, I ended up converting the blue/white/red combo lights to be red/amber combos using the same brand strobes that came from the PD as well as using Denali B6 lights. T3s are on order and will augment the front & rear. I hope that others will see me now :D And finally, completed the 12K service as I am creeping towards 60K miles. This should give me a good baseline for future maintenance.

I also put together a mounting setup for the iPad mini using a Waterproof (yet to be tested for its worthiness on a wet ride) case from Amazon and a Universal Quadlock adapter. I still need to play around a little with the positioning & angle. But, it is nice to be able to use the same mount point & system for the phone and iPad. Added bonus is that both use the same USB-C type charger cable. So, I can share that between both devices. In the horizontal mounting, it blocks the view of the left side speedometer dial completely. I can still see the digital speedometer fine. But the engine temp & fuel gauge being hidden is a little bit of a concern.

Comprehensive list of upgrades/farkles include

- Denali Cansmart
- Denali B6 license plate lights
- Denali B6 lights in the Code 3 light box
- Denali SoundBomb
- Denali D4 mounting brackets
- Denali D4 driving lights (still waiting for a replacement D4 that had broken connectors when I received them)
- Quad Lock harness for the phone charger
- Battery Tender pigtail for both batteries
- PDM 60 for all accessory power
- Amber covers for fog lights
- Converted wiring to control fog lights through the Cansmart
- Innovv K5 front/rear dashcam
- dual voltmeter on the fairing panel
- Extreme Tactical Dynamics Red/Amber strobes
- iPad mount using Quadlock parts

i-KKDr63D-X2.jpg

i-fhBmr4Q-X2.jpg

i-6ZWX9x5-X2.jpg