• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

'90 k75s Oil/Water pump rebuild

cniccore

Through my incredible skills of deduction, coolant with a touch of oil collecting in the lower fairing just below the weep hole of the pump, I have deduced that it is time to rebuild the pump. I am looking for any and all assistance in performing this repair. I am quite capable, but I feel that it is always best to enter into the relative unknown adequately armed with as much information as possible. A complete parts list, and advice would be greatly appreciated.

K100RS 85 w 148k mi. I rebuilt my pump and wrote about about 05-25-2013, 10:21 PM on

A few notes written in the K bike section of this forum on 05-25-2013, 10:21 PM. Possibly other times as well.

Yep, there are lots threads on this. I have pulled mine several times on each Brick except the K12. I only tried installing the seals myself once and botched it. So, from then on, I resorted to pulling the unit and having my dealer do the seal install when I purchased the seals. Sometimes I had to drop it off for a day, sometimes they could do it on the spot. Never a lot of money, but better than having to do it twice and buy the parts twice. Removal and installation is cake, just be sure your Three-Bond or equivelant does not plug any of the galleries and you are set.

Back