• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW apparel

Are there any dealers that have a full line of BMW apparel?
Welcome to the forum! There are a number of full line dealers around. As you mention apparel my guess is that you may want to try something on. If you give the forum an idea where you are located, I'm sure you will get some help locating a dealer that can help you. OM

I'm in Minneapolis and I'm headed west to Wyoming, Utah and then back eastward. I'd stop at anyplaces around there.

I'm in Minneapolis and I'm headed west to Wyoming, Utah and then back eastward. I'd stop at anyplaces around there.

There may be difficulties in finding a dealer that carries the "full" line. It might be wise to call various dealers on your intended path of travel.

Iowa?

I thought Iowa had a great dealer. Is it Gina's or something like that? BMW Apparel can be a pain to get too! My Daughter had to wait 5 months to get her pants from them. A combo suit too, she got Jacket right off the BMW Store shelf, no pants in store. BMW DRY SUIT. She just got it a few days ago, very nice. The wait can be a pain, so DON'T ORDER one, as they have no clue how long it takes to get. We know now. Randy

One of the largest dealers close to me stopped carrying the BMW clothing line. That's a shame. And he wasn't all that close at 320 miles each way. Another smaller dealer still has a decent line and there is where I shop. For me it's harder shopping online because I'm rather picky on fit. For some reason they will occasionally put a few BMW items on sale. One or two can have heavy discounts. Otherwise seldom see this stuff on sale.

Also check with A&S Motorcycle Parts. Just got a pair of BMW gloves for 50% off.

tsp
My Blog: http://www.airheadmoto.com

Alternate:)

Aerostitch in Duluth, Minn. has apparel that's probably better than most, made in USA:). I have a lot of their gear and had BMW stuff years ago, wont go back. I wear the Olympic AST jacket from BMW stores, AD1 Pants/Darien Pants(Aerostitch) and Combats(Aerostitch) over my feet. The SERVICE is so much better than anything BMW offers in availability and after you own it:). Better give it some thought! My youngest, however just bought DRY SUIT by BMW, likes it, but waited a LONG time to get pants delivered. The supplier for BMW has issues, so shop off the rack in stock at BMW, as they cannot keep pace with anything not on shelf already, in our case. BMW actually had the jackets without pants on shelf and its a SUIT package? My Daughters choice. Randy

Aerostitch in Duluth, Minn. has apparel that's probably better than most, made in USA:). I have a lot of their gear and had BMW stuff years ago, wont go back. I wear the Olympic AST jacket from BMW stores, AD1 Pants/Darien Pants(Aerostitch) and Combats(Aerostitch) over my feet. The SERVICE is so much better than anything BMW offers in availability and after you own it:). Better give it some thought! My youngest, however just bought DRY SUIT by BMW, likes it, but waited a LONG time to get pants delivered. The supplier for BMW has issues, so shop off the rack in stock at BMW, as they cannot keep pace with anything not on shelf already, in our case. BMW actually had the jackets without pants on shelf and its a SUIT package? My Daughters choice. Randy

The "supplier" has issues or BMW has issues? Or, both?

BMW makes no clothing;

Its all made by countries near Germany I am told. BMW Apparel. The gear is top notch, just getting it in timely fashion we found impossible just recently. BMW Dealer concurred, this is a yearly issue. JUST find your suit in BMW Dealer stock, buy it now. IF you have to wait for partial suit as we did, don't expect it soon. My Daughters BMW DRY SUIT, for men too is very nice looking and all here now. Took 4 months+. Randy

Its all made by countries near Germany I am told. BMW Apparel. The gear is top notch, just getting it in timely fashion we found impossible just recently. BMW Dealer concurred, this is a yearly issue. JUST find your suit in BMW Dealer stock, buy it now. IF you have to wait for partial suit as we did, don't expect it soon. My Daughters BMW DRY SUIT, for men too is very nice looking and all here now. Took 4 months+. Randy

I did purchase BMW rain pants recently and received them in 4 or 5 days. Are you having problems with much of the line?

Nope;

I don't buy the BMW apparel, MY Daughter did the BMW DRY SUIT, but jacket was only thing in store, pants came much later. Kind a odd to have a suit in house without pants available. She bought it anyways and waited for the pants. ALL good, she likes her suit. I wear a Olympic AST sold at BMW Dealers exclusively and I buy other gear elsewhere, as in Aerostitch:). Ive had a few BMW suits way back, just don't appeal to me anymore. They(BMW Suits) are fine, from what I know of them. Just so much available today in FINE m/c fashion to shop:). Randy

Is there a BMW rep in the house?

Is it a little surprising that a BMW rep doesn't read questions like this and comment? I've been very happy with my BMW gear over many years. I wish they wouldn't make me beg. And why don't they put apparel ads in the magazine? They want us to beg for it first.

Is it a little surprising that a BMW rep doesn't read questions like this and comment? I've been very happy with my BMW gear over many years. I wish they wouldn't make me beg. And why don't they put apparel ads in the magazine? They want us to beg for it first.

Welcome to the forums.

Not surprising at all. The few times that's happened on forums I frequent (and not all of them are BMW bike forums) - whoever responded gets deluged with every complaint anyone ever had about the company they represent.

Just curious, how long have you been an MOA member? BMW has certainly put apparel ads in the Owners News in the past. It seemed like they wanted to sell stuff to us. I suspect BMW-Motorrad-USA runs hot and cold on apparel - at times they had travelling trailers with fashion shows, at other times it just seems to get stagnant and a small supply is pushed onto the dealers and the dealers are expected to market it. The last apparel manager I knew was a real enthusiast and real rider, and he would solicit ideas for new gear when he met people in person. He is no longer with BMW and I don't know who (if anyone) took his place.

As Randy pointed out - part of the problem BMW-Motorrad-USA has is the competition. It IS excellent, especially almost anything from RiderWarehouse (Aerostich parent company) and the prices while not inexpensive, are a bargain when the actual functionality and long-term use of the garment is considered. Since RiderWarehouse offers repair services and custom fits for most of their products, that makes it even harder for BMW to sell a competing product at an even higher price without those benefits. The BMW stuff is nice - but they don't really make a lot for the average US BMW rider, they seem to pattern them on slender-tall euro BMW riders.

FWIW - instead of begging for it - visit RiderWarehouse's website and ask for a catalog. You'll find some very good and functional stuff there at fair prices, with most of it made in the USA.

Welcome to the forums.

Not surprising at all. The few times that's happened on forums I frequent (and not all of them are BMW bike forums) - whoever responded gets deluged with every complaint anyone ever had about the company they represent.

Just curious, how long have you been an MOA member? BMW has certainly put apparel ads in the Owners News in the past. It seemed like they wanted to sell stuff to us. I suspect BMW-Motorrad-USA runs hot and cold on apparel - at times they had travelling trailers with fashion shows, at other times it just seems to get stagnant and a small supply is pushed onto the dealers and the dealers are expected to market it. The last apparel manager I knew was a real enthusiast and real rider, and he would solicit ideas for new gear when he met people in person. He is no longer with BMW and I don't know who (if anyone) took his place.

As Randy pointed out - part of the problem BMW-Motorrad-USA has is the competition. It IS excellent, especially almost anything from RiderWarehouse (Aerostich parent company) and the prices while not inexpensive, are a bargain when the actual functionality and long-term use of the garment is considered. Since RiderWarehouse offers repair services and custom fits for most of their products, that makes it even harder for BMW to sell a competing product at an even higher price without those benefits. The BMW stuff is nice - but they don't really make a lot for the average US BMW rider, they seem to pattern them on slender-tall euro BMW riders.

FWIW - instead of begging for it - visit RiderWarehouse's website and ask for a catalog. You'll find some very good and functional stuff there at fair prices, with most of it made in the USA.

+1 on Aerostich!
:usa

Back