• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Vendors offering tires & mounting: A list

reidhester

kindofblue
Might it be possible to compile a list of vendors (and contact info) who are offering tires and mountings at the rally? The list of vendors above is pretty non-specific on this. I may need to avail myself of such a service and it would be really helpful to have a list handy before the rally so that we could contact them to pre-order tires, reserve a spot for mounting, etc... Thanks.

I think the best you can do is to look at the list and make contact with them...websites are listed. I just updated the list from the MOA homepage. There are at least a couple of tire vendors on the list. Several dealers that I can see. Make some arrangement with one of them...if they don't have a tire you might want, order one and have it shipped to you at the rally and have one of them mount it for you. There is a vendor named Sports Plaza (Tire Changing)...not sure who that is...no website, but there's a Sports Plaza out of Portland...maybe that's them. Give them a call...order the tire you want and get it mounted quickly. That's my suggestion.

Or you could do what I'm doing this weekend...I ordered a tire and getting it mounted hefore I leave for Salem.

Michelin is one of the listed vendors and I contacted them about tires at the rally. They responded by saying I would have to contact the dealer attending the rally to get that information, and they could not tell me who that vendor was.

Early:)

Be early if you shop tires at rally! The vendors usually are very well supplied but almost always run out or have shortages late in the rally. If you are early and see they have not brought your choice, THEY are usually very happy to bring it in next day. Tires are usually very well represented at all the rallies I've been too, but EARLY bird gets best service. Taking your wheels to them is also a speedy TIP given, if you have some ability to do this at your camp or wherever you park. I did this in Trenton some years ago and they smiled, got me in quick:). Randy

Back