Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Fairing protection button(?) for F700 GS

  1. #1

    Fairing protection button(?) for F700 GS

    I saw a used F800 at dealer's which had a round disk mounted high on each side of the fairing as protection for the fairing if the bike fell over.

    Do you know what these protective discs are called? Who makes them?

    And are they useful?
    Joined MOA 1979, re-joined 2016
    2014 F700 GS
    old: R100S, R60/5, 250cc NSU, R75/5

  2. #2
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
    I saw a used F800 at dealer's which had a round disk mounted high on each side of the fairing as protection for the fairing if the bike fell over.

    Do you know what these protective discs are called? Who makes them?

    And are they useful?
    Sound like frame sliders. One company is R&G.
    They help in parking lot tip overs.

    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-...ets%5B%5D=1889
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Sound like frame sliders. One company is R&G.
    They help in parking lot tip overs.

    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-...ets%5B%5D=1889
    Thanks for the tip, but sadly Revzilla carries no frame sliders for the F700 GS or F800 GS. Crash bars yes.

    Guess I'll have to call all half dozen BMW dealers I visited in California!
    Joined MOA 1979, re-joined 2016
    2014 F700 GS
    old: R100S, R60/5, 250cc NSU, R75/5

  4. #4
    Watch This!!! junkjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    4,826
    Check, touratech-usa.com Part #612-0300 Fairing Slider Kit $249.95
    John Simonds
    2016 Honda CRF 250L 2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

  5. #5
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    Check, touratech-usa.com Part #612-0300 Fairing Slider Kit $249.95
    That's for F800ST sliders.
    https://touratech-usa.com/Store/Fair...Kit-BMW-F800ST
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  6. #6
    Watch This!!! junkjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cape Cod, MA
    Posts
    4,826
    In the original post they mention F 800. I see now the title says F 700 GS. I tried.
    John Simonds
    2016 Honda CRF 250L 2008 R 1200 GSA
    1975 Norton Commando 850 Roadster Mk 3
    If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by junkjohn View Post
    In the original post they mention F 800. I see now the title says F 700 GS. I tried.
    Sorry, J. I saw the buttons on a F800 but my new bike is a F700.

    From Touratech:
    "We only have crash bars for F700GS: https://touratech-usa.com/BMW-F700GS-Crash-Bars"
    Joined MOA 1979, re-joined 2016
    2014 F700 GS
    old: R100S, R60/5, 250cc NSU, R75/5

  8. #8
    Debbie's Servant Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,838
    Quote Originally Posted by TdeV View Post
    "We only have crash bars for F700GS: https://touratech-usa.com/BMW-F700GS-Crash-Bars"
    Those will give you a lot more protection compared to sliders.
    https://touratech-usa.com/BMW-F700GS-Crash-Bars
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Those will give you a lot more protection compared to sliders.

    I have those.....


    BMW 2.jpg

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    atlanta
    Posts
    465
    I have those 3 pieces for sale in the marketplace for less than half of new price. They were taken off a '15 700GS with 1k miles and are in as new condition.
    I await your call.
    Marty Hill
    7 GS white

    Ride till you can't

  11. #11
    Left Coast Rider
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
    Posts
    2,397
    Quote Originally Posted by martyhill View Post
    I await your call.
    Operators are standing by.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2015, 02:03 PM
  2. Hand protection by fairing
    By dennisarner in forum Airheads
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-27-2014, 07:53 PM
  3. F700 gs
    By weschmann in forum F-Twins
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-29-2013, 06:01 PM
  4. F700/f800?
    By Polarbear in forum Motorrad
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 08:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •