• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camping at the MOA Rally

A

asulliva

All,

I'm planning on camping at the Rally for the first time. I haven't yet registered (procrastinator), and now it's too late to do so online.

Will camping be available at the rally site if I just show up for the event, or am I condemned to seek lodging/camping "OFF-CAMPUS?"

Thanks,

Alan S.

Show up, register, and we'll make room for you. There's always room for one more! Bring a smile and a sense of humor and you'll fit in just fine.

Manic Mech,

Thanks! Just what I needed to know. I'll be there with my 13 year-old son and my 31 year-old R-90/6 (and this e-mail in my pocket :))
Cheers,

Alan

asulliva said:
All,

...I'm planning on camping at the Rally for the first time. ...Will camping be available at the rally site if I just show up for the event, or am I condemned to seek lodging/camping "OFF-CAMPUS?"

Thanks,

Alan S.

A Drab of the single Malt, and I'll reserve a place for ya'. :D :wave

I heard that camping at the rally is on a reserve bases is this true :confused:
If this is true how do I go about getting a couple of spots reserved ? If it will cost me a few :drink s it would be appreciated.

bmwgsrider94 said:
I heard that camping at the rally is on a reserve bases is this true :confused:
If this is true how do I go about getting a couple of spots reserved ? If it will cost me a few :drink s it would be appreciated.

Nope pretty much it is find a spot in the quiet or loud section, say howdy to your new neighbors and put up your tent.

bmwgsrider94 said:
I heard that camping at the rally is on a reserve bases --- is this true?
The only reservations are for the RVs ... and I have to tell you guys --- we are OVERFLOWING with RVs!

Motorcyclists who bring their tents & sleeping bags on their bikes will have a lot of space to choose from. But no reservations needed. As a matter of fact --- no yellow tape to save spots this year. Leave that stuff at home, folks!

Sue Rihn-Manke said:
. As a matter of fact --- no yellow tape to save spots this year. Leave that stuff at home, folks!

I understand Sue, why you do not want acres roped-off by yellow tape for possible participants, but we fortunate few that have saved some extra time off to be able to get there early to volunteer need to have the chance to save some spaces for the poor slobs that cannot get there until late Thursday, or even more pitiful, on Friday. I promise to keep the saved spaces for the Gonzo Touring Team and Tarheel Travelers to a absolute minimum! We will put up what tents are there on Wednesday in a corner somewhere and save some space between the tents for the late arrivals.

I have a sneaking feeling that this one will turn out to be a attendance record National! :D

I hate going to rallies and see all the good spots roped/taped off, then see them half empty during the rally, no reserving=no reserving

Bradford get me a good spot in the shade though

Yellow tape

I have a sneaking feeling that this one will turn out to be a attendance record National!

Me too.... That's why we are standing very firm on the yellow tape thing.

Shaded spots

Well well !! I could use some of the shade also. But like the Charleston rally I was told you can't set up your tent until you register first. No early arrival to do so also. So which is the right thing to do :dunno ?

Back