• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

'03 K1200 LT Center stand Question

hudsonrn

LEAD HAND HUDSON
I have a2003 K1200 LT. Has anyone figured out a trick to getting it up on the center stand without getting a hernia? Thanks.

Getting the beast on center stand

I have a2003 K1200 LT. Has anyone figured out a trick to getting it up on the center stand without getting a hernia? Thanks.

Push the big girl onto a block 2 by 4 hold with front brake she will almost roll back and right up on the center stand, when you release the brake.

Make sure the bike is in neutral, grab the hand grip located under the front of the passenger seat with your right hand. Press down on the center stand arm with your right foot while bringing the bike up to a vertical position so that both feet of the center stand are holding the bike vertical. Once the bike is vertical and being balanced on the feet of the center stand apply more of weight to the side stand arm while gently lifting the bike with your right hand. It will walk right up on the center stand. Trying to lift with brute force does not work to well.

Make sure the bike is in neutral, grab the hand grip located under the front of the passenger seat with your right hand. Press down on the center stand arm with your right foot while bringing the bike up to a vertical position so that both feet of the center stand are holding the bike vertical. Once the bike is vertical and being balanced on the feet of the center stand apply more of weight to the side stand arm while gently lifting the bike with your right hand. It will walk right up on the center stand. Trying to lift with brute force does not work to well.

more of weight to the side stand arm while gently lifting the bike with your right hand....I believe you meant [center stand] arm?

Hitch hiking on Roy

Take what Roy has said and keep in mind: you must get the bike on both pads of the center stand, place the ball of your foot just a touch ahead of the stands foot pad
hold the bike tight and stand up with your left foot leaving the ground. The bike should move back toward the right and plop right on the stand. Soft shoes will cause a disaster as well as any
other surface that is not hard. Once you master this technique it will seem second nature.

73 Jerry

For sure have both pegs of the center stand on the ground. That is essential. It will feel like the beast is going to tip away from you, but you have to trust yourself. Then, while standing on the center stand foot peg, be certain not to pull the bike towards you. You have to imagine a glass of water on the tank, and you dont want it to tip towrds you as you lift and push down at the same time.

My son has this problem with his scooter. He keeps pulling up and towards him, putting more pressure on the left side centerstand peg. It will never go up like that!

When I learned how to put my bike on the stand,Ii found that if I leaned over the seat slightly, while pulling up on the handle and stepping down on the stand, it would pop right up. Right foot on the stand, and almost no weight at all on my left foot as I pressed down on the stand.

Back