• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

r1200cl

How about that r1200cl?

• It's about time BMW made a bike like this.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Would be great +30hp -100 pounds

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • It is an abomination.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Who let Chris Bangle design a bike????

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters

dizave

Obviously, if BMW is trying to attract a group not already represented in MOA forum members, this poll won't tell the whole story....

I am no longer a fan of cruisers, but, I think the "C" series in general are the best looking out there (and best working). As for the specific "CL", I don't like the look of the front fairing, but otherwise, I think it is a good bike, though more power would be nice. BTW, my wife likes it, notwithstanding the ugly front fairing.

I like them, but wish they had the full powertrain thang and they weighed a little less.

Of course, you could probably apply that sentiment to the entire product line....

The thing I respect the most is that they're very, very different.

I saw my first one at the RA ohio state rally that I just happened across while riding:) Maybe it was the blue color, but it struck me as a very nice bike. I didnt get a chance to ride it, maybe at the one of the nationals I will. I like the fact that BMW actually made it.

The CL is cool!

I was not a big fan of the R1200C but when the CL came out I loved it. It isn't my kinda ride but if I was to get a second bike for more casual riding two up the CL would be it. It needs a much bigger fuel tank to be considered for touring. The HP is on par with HD tourers but I expect a little more from BMW. Now if they cross the CL and C to make a low and wide naked cruiser with fat tires that might be cool, too. Like a German Fat Boy!

On another tangent I think if BMW made a CL-P Police Bike it would be accepted better than the RT-P and GS-P. American Motor Officers have an image that many won't stray from. That image is a cruiser. Just loose the big trunk and install a black radio box.

MarkF

Back