Thread: First casualty of the RTW recall

First casualty of the RTW recall

My battery.

Over 4000 miles since picking it up in late August. I rode the bike on Oct 25th and it sat until yesterday morning. I rolled it out of the garage and hit the go button and got 1/2 a revolution before it stopped. Put the battery tender on it for less than 20 minutes and it was blinking. VOM read 12.7 volts already. Hit the button again and the same result. Use the magic wheel to find the voltage reading after the failure to start and it read 12.4 volts. Everything resets on the dash when I attempt to start it.

The battery terminals are tight but the harness goes into never never land so I couldn't find the other end to check for tight without dismantling the bike.

Off to the dealer tomorrow. Battery is covered under warranty. Maybe they can figure out why my Sirius Radio sucks so bad while they have it.

Greg
    Greg
    South Central Valley, CA
    2014 R1200RTW, 2010 Yamaha TW200, 1978 R100/7

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    My F800GS battery died unceremoniously and premature Some lite reading Here
    And....with what I am reading and experiencing, I'm thinking that these batteries are really on the edge. I say on the edge due to the size (both physical and necessary AH), price to the manufacturer and available possibilities.
    I've taken the stance that it's most likely a good idea to change em' around 3 years.
    YMMV
    OM

Don't you never mind the screwy script contained within that link. All the "old threads" caught that "character virus" during a changeover
    "I bought a ticket to the circus, I don't know why I was so surprised to see elephants" Norris Church Mailer
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

After being on th Battery Tender all night I was able to start it this morning and get it to the dealer. Once there it would not start again. The replacement battery has been ordered and will be at the dealer next Wednesday. Covered under warranty
    Greg
    South Central Valley, CA
    2014 R1200RTW, 2010 Yamaha TW200, 1978 R100/7