• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Thoughts on life in Germany

He is looking for the "best quality of life". I am saying that Germany is not the place he'll find it. I am constantly comparing Germany (which is the country of my birth and citizenship) with other countries , like the U.S. (residence), Canada (business travel) and Italy (favorite regular vacation spot), for example, and I can definitely say, considering income, taxes, benefits, cost of living, real estate, Germany is NOT the place I would want to live right now.
Taking a temporary assignment and experiencing a different culture and country is a different issue and I would recommend to anybody who has the chance to do it.

Let me ask a question. Do you work for the US subsidiary or the German corporation?

Let me ask a question. Do you work for the US subsidiary or the German corporation?

Don't understand your question. I run the U.s. subsidiary. Legally I am a U.S. employee, but I consider me working for the German corporation.
Don't see how that would influence my arguments about "quality of life" in Germany...

OK already!!!:lurk if I were in your shoes I'd go, I was born in Belgium raised in Florida, served 8 years in the US Army proudly at that, I was based in Wiesbaden Germany, Korea and various other locales. I live in Texas now and loving it. Having said all that and politics and opinions there of aside I think you have a wonderful opportunity at your feet. Even if you break even just to be able to say "I drove through Europe and lived there", awesome!

Back