• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 RT - Aftermarket replacement for OEM speakers?

DBCasey

Enjoy the ride!
While I had the Tupperware off today, I got to thinking about the stock speakers and if louder aftermarket speakers were available. So, I figured where else better to start than by asking the Beemer Jedi masters!

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.
DBC

Have to agree . . . earbuds.
Rock your head, not the neighborhood.
You looked when you had the ware off I'll bet, not much room.
No enclosure.
It's going to sound tinny I don't care what you mount in that little space.

Thanks for the replies. I have some custom earbuds that I can plug into my Sena headset. But sometimes I like to listen to the radio on the bike through the speakers.

I appreciate your advice, but I was hoping someone had replaced the stock speakers with aftermarket ones. If there are such things available.

DC

I have an RT without speakers but have been looking for some way to install some. The OEM speakers come in plastic housings that are used to mount them. Unfortunately, BMW does not sell the housings seperately. There have been a couple people I've found on the internet that made their own mounting brackets to match the hole pattern of the OEM housing and mounted marine speakers in them. But to my knowledge, no one sells them. I don't know how the OEM speakers connected to that housing, but what you could do is take the housings out, remove the speakers, then find an aftermarket speaker that fits the housing, or modify the housing to hold other speakers. I've actually beent thinking about getting a pair of the bullet style speaker, and using the clamp to mount them on the bar inside the fearing so that they aren't visiable. But the won't be close to the speaker grates, and I don't know how they would sound.

Back