• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Darien backpad

JOHNR100RS

BMWOA ABC
Googled and tapatalk not working right .
What is your favorite backpad for Darien . Had Roadcrafter with 'stitch backpad . Looking for something better . Got a Darien for commuting .I want to keep it simple and just velcro it in .Got a Rallye 3 for touring , and Klim for dirt .

I had the Aerostich "standard" back pad in my Darien. Never "road tested" it but it seemed to offer decent protection. The problems I had with it is it pushed up the collar of the jacket when I was sitting on the bike, until I cut 2" off the top end. And it blocks a good portion of the jacket's rear vent. Seemed kind pricey for what it was. I'd look elsewhere next time, I think.

pete

I've been told the transit backpad inside the darien adapter sleeve is quite nice... it's also quite expensive.

I've also read that the Aerostich TF5 is the same as the SAS-Tec. If that is true then you can get the SAS-Tec back protector for less than 1/2 the price. You'll still need the adapter sleeve to put it in a Darien. That's on my list of "things I might do someday".

Back