• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

What is the best place to mount your smartphone?

retwmt

I was trying to find the best place to mount my iPhone on my C600 Sport.
They have mirror mounts, Break fluid reservoir mounts and ball socket mounts...
Has anyone added one to their bike?
what would be the best place for it?

Thanks in advance for your help...

R

I am very happy with break fluid reservoir mounts. Coffee cup on the right RAM post and iPhone on the left post, both on the left reservoir.

Wife's 650 has a Garmin 665 on a BMW mount, phone paired with nav and helmet so it stays in left storage compartment hooked to charger
I'am VERY Leary of mounting any phone where it could get knocked off

I mount mine in my bags with power turned off. It increases the overall performance of the bike and rider unit by well over 100%.

Thanks, that was my original idea ...however my annoying new boss sometimes need to reach me on the dive home.

:drink

Thanks, that was my original idea ...however my annoying new boss sometimes need to reach me on the dive home.

I can still answer mine if I choose (Autocom, Sena, Cardo, etc.) but it still stays in the pocket.

I mount mine in my inside jacket pocket. Best place, by far.

I agree why do you need to see it. Just answer it with the voice answer with your bluetooth in your helmet. If you are afraid of someone is looking for you then turn it off

I use the iPhone for GPS (TomTom) and music thru Scala. Great multifunction tool. If only interested in phone, pocket works fine ;-). For those with the luxury to turn your phone completely off, well I still use the GPS as I directionally challenged and am always seeking the road less travelled...

I will give my personal cell number to any customer who would like it. I do tell them up front however if they get no answer it is because I am on my motorcycle so please leave a voice mail. I will then return the call when I get wherever I'm going. Sounds like a good thing to say to your boss. Just explain the distraction presents a potential safety issue while riding a bike. And, you had a dealer recommend the phone remain put away while riding.

My iPhone 5 Mount

I was trying to find the best place to mount my iPhone on my C600 Sport.
They have mirror mounts, Break fluid reservoir mounts and ball socket mounts...
Has anyone added one to their bike?
what would be the best place for it?

Thanks in advance for your help...

R

This is how I've mounted my iPhone 5. The reservoir cover is the one from www.MotorcycleLarry.com. The one they sell for the Suzuki Burgman 650 (Model 9000) is a perfect fit. The mount is just for the reservoir cap and does not include a ball, so be sure to order one. The remaining parts can be ordered many places; I got mine from Amazon.com. The RAM Mount iPhone 5 bracket is an exact fit, so it will only accept a naked iPhone 5. If you have anything other than a screen shield on the device, you won't be able to get it into the bracket.

I wanted to be one of the cool kids and tell you that I always leave my phone at the bottom of my fish tank whenever I go for a ride, but I thought this answer might be more on point.

Cheers!
Patrick

Attachments

• IMG_0202.JPG (2).jpg
    IMG_0202.JPG (2).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 39
This is how I've mounted my iPhone 5. The reservoir cover is the one from www.MotorcycleLarry.com. The one they sell for the Suzuki Burgman 650 (Model 9000) is a perfect fit. The mount is just for the reservoir cap and does not include a ball, so be sure to order one. The remaining parts can be ordered many places; I got mine from Amazon.com. The RAM Mount iPhone 5 bracket is an exact fit, so it will only accept a naked iPhone 5. If you have anything other than a screen shield on the device, you won't be able to get it into the bracket.

I wanted to be one of the cool kids and tell you that I always leave my phone at the bottom of my fish tank whenever I go for a ride, but I thought this answer might be more on point.

Cheers!
Patrick

Thanks patrick,

I did get the RAM mount but strangely enough got locked off the MOA Forum site until now... So I could not see you post.
I had some problems a while back and managed to get help from MOA to get it fixed.

I tried again Today to login and its working again...

Back