• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Women who ride seminar

Absolutely! Top Woman rider in 2012 will be leading it: Heidi Still. Saturday morning at 11:30, in the "Cascade 2" seminar room. This will be followed by How to Pick up your Motorcycle. Skert won't be at the rally this year, so our instructors will be "Women of Mayhem," from Wisconsin.

Can't wait to see all of my sisters again! :hug

I think they should have this seminar where we can all ride our bikes to it so we can walk around and look at each other's setups and farkles. Much more interesting!

Yes - let's show off what we ride!

I agree, Jackie. It would be great to have a place where we can all ride our bikes to the seminar, park them all in a row (so we can check out the diversity of our bikes) and get someone to take some pictures of all of us with our bikes. Wouldn't be great if there were SOOOO many of us that they'd have trouble getting us all in the picture?

Count me in. Thanks for the date/time info, Sue. I'll get it on my calendar right now and hope for a change of venue where we can all park the bikes together.

Tracy

Hi, going to the rally, it's my first one with my new to me 2005 R1200ST. Not an off pavement style of bike but I am having fun with it!
Looking forward to catching up with Women of the MOA to see what this is all about!
Kicks and giggles
Yvonne

Hi, going to the rally, it's my first one with my new to me 2005 R1200ST. Not an off pavement style of bike but I am having fun with it!
Looking forward to catching up with Women of the MOA to see what this is all about!
Kicks and giggles
Yvonne
Welcome to the forum!
Gary

Love that bike. Be sure to introduce yourself so we can meet in "real" life!

Voni
sMiling

What a ride to be sure!

Thanks for the welcome!
A bit about me. Lots of firsts here: Although not my first bike, this is my biggest bike, only sport bike, first trip more or less solo with camping gear (on a motorcycle). Learning about the consumption rates for oil (& types) and gas has been enlightening. And computerized with lots of squishy plastic parts that were strange at first are becoming quite comfortable. An old fashion paper map will have to do until I can figure out which GPS is best for me. But hey, got the Sena headset and love it, along with the Spot so my husband can see where I was and am going! LOL. Any other male pillion riders out there? Cruiser lingo has a most unpleasant term and I think that in part is why I am riding solo. Aside from that, he loves driving the MCU (mobile command unit) alas, motorcycles aren't for everyone.
Sorting out the must haves for the motorcycle is daunting and how about those farkles ...whoa.
Bikes I have known:
Suzuki 650 Thumper- 30 days until it stopped thumping (a blessing really)
Vulcan 500- more power than the 650 and very reliable, but much like my jeans, it suddenly shrunk(huh?)
Vulcan 800- Wonderful
2010 Vulcan 900 - Loved it
What can I say, except the BMW was beautifully balanced, even with the massive tank, I couldn't say no. I was actually looking for an F800 when I dared to take this big bike on a test ride. I surprised myself.

I'm bummed. Won't be at this years rally. Hope all you ladies enjoy the annual reunion of Women who Ride seminar. I'll be thinking of you.

Back