• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

BMR Co-Pilot Shelf 2012 R1200RT

bernie

I ride a 2012 R1200RT. I am thinking about getting the BMR Co-Pilot Shelf. Has anyone installed one and if you have did you get the extensions and gusset plates? How do you like it. send pics if possible.

Thanks

Bernie

Last edited by a moderator:
My k1600gtl came with the co pilot shelf. I did not have a need for it so i removed it. I would sell it if your interested. I not even sure what these sell for but would let it go for half price. Call me at 660 287-4604 and i can email you some pic's

Thanks,
Mark T.

I ride a 2012 R1200RT. I am thinking about getting the BMR Co-Pilot Shelf. Has anyone installed one and if you have did you get the extensions and gusset plates? How do you like it. send pics if possible.

Thanks

Bernie
I HAVE A CO-PILOT ON MY '09 RT. Extremely well built and solid (no Vibration) I have Extensions which facilitate the XM Antenna for my Garmin 665 and a Valentine One installation. The GArmin is installed on a Touratech locking mount mounted to the BMR adjustable tilt mount.

I have a 5 LED Marc Parnes Radar Detector Visual alert, with the V1 aux unit need on one of the integral shelves (not the extension shelves)

The BMR also helps shade the RT LCD.

Highly recommended. I have no Gusset mounts.

Hi Bernie,

I have no idea about your question, but please take the time to read: http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?46055

I'm adding that info to your thread title in the hopes people with the same bike and the shelf might be motivated to open the thread and answer your questions. Please do that yourself in future posts to the tech forums, makes for better answers for you, and better search results for anyone looking for the same info.

Thanks!

I ordered the BMR Co-Pilot Shelf, Valentine One Security Cover, Co-Pilot Accessory Arm and received it last week. Funny that I just saw your thread and was thinking about installing it tonight. I had an appointment at my BMW dealer yesterday to have them install it but couldn't get there because it was pouring down rain. Since I didn't go in I'm anxious to get it installed. I also have a new Valentine One, the audio adapter and the Marc Parnes 5 LED Visiual Alert too. If I get it installed tonight or completed tomorrow I will post pics and let you know how the process went. For some reason I really don't like tearing into my bike myself.

Also, I ordered the Garmin Zumo Adjustible Tilt Mount to mount my Nav IV. I currently have the OEM Nav IV Mount on my bike.

Mark,
I would be interested. Let me know if it available?
Ride Safe,
Robert

My k1600gtl came with the co pilot shelf. I did not have a need for it so i removed it. I would sell it if your interested. I not even sure what these sell for but would let it go for half price. Call me at 660 287-4604 and i can email you some pic's

Thanks,
Mark T.

I ordered the BMR Co-Pilot Shelf, Valentine One Security Cover, Co-Pilot Accessory Arm and received it last week. Funny that I just saw your thread and was thinking about installing it tonight. I had an appointment at my BMW dealer yesterday to have them install it but couldn't get there because it was pouring down rain. Since I didn't go in I'm anxious to get it installed. I also have a new Valentine One, the audio adapter and the Marc Parnes 5 LED Visiual Alert too. If I get it installed tonight or completed tomorrow I will post pics and let you know how the process went. For some reason I really don't like tearing into my bike myself.

Also, I ordered the Garmin Zumo Adjustible Tilt Mount to mount my Nav IV. I currently have the OEM Nav IV Mount on my bike.

Okay. I went out and started the install. The install of the shelf is very easy with the instructions provided. The challenge that I ran into was the wiring of my Nav IV. I removed the OEM bracket but then realized the difficulty of trying to unplug the direct wiring of the Garmin to run it through the Co-Pilot shelf. I really don't want to deal with the wiring so I put everything back together and will have the dealer do it. It I had the time and patience to remove the Tupperware it probably wouldn't be that difficult.

I will say the shelf unit, accessory arm, valentine one cover and mounting hardware all seem to be high quality.

Jason

Mark,
I would be interested. Let me know if it available?
Ride Safe,
Robert

FYI. You will probably need the appropriate mounting hardware for the RT. There's brackets that go from the bottom of the shelf to the lower part of your dash by the headlight adjustment knob.

Back