• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW mechanic

trailrunner

I have called all the local BMW dealerships in North Jersey re: new shocks for 2004 1150RS. Unless I want Olins or OEM nobody carries other brands? In fact some dealerships said they never heard of Hagons, Wilbers or Progressive. Does anyone know of a small shop that has experience installing shocks? I have no interest in trying myself. Thanks.

I have called all the local BMW dealerships in North Jersey re: new shocks for 2004 1150RS. Unless I want Olins or OEM nobody carries other brands? In fact some dealerships said they never heard of Hagons, Wilbers or Progressive. Does anyone know of a small shop that has experience installing shocks? I have no interest in trying myself. Thanks.

Are you saying Rochelle Park won't install other brands?

+1 on Bob's suggestion, and Klaus's International Headquarters (and warehouse/shop) is close enough for you to do a ride-in installation when your shocks arrive. He's in Tennant (Englishtown) NJ..

thanks for the heads up on Klaus. I will call. I won't repeat the response from Bergen when I inquired.

If you turned off by an employee response I would contact Liz. She does care about what goes on over there and sometimes inappropriate employee responses are out of ignorance and/or I don't really care about my job. Ideally Liz should be made aware of this. Realize that dealer principals are usually not aware of some of the stupidity that goes on within their walls just like any other business.

Thanks for the name at Bergen. They are literally 10 miles from me but have been very frustrating to deal with.

The Liz that I know is good people and she cares about what goes on under her roof. Please do take the time to talk to her. Neither the store nor the good employees should have to face the lack of you as a customer due to some bozo response.

Spoke to Klaus today and ordered my shocks. His customer service is o/s! It was a pleasure speaking to him and he took the time to go over everything. I placed my order and cannot wait to get them installed. Thanks for the referral. Will keep you posted when installed.

Spoke to Klaus today and ordered my shocks. His customer service is o/s! It was a pleasure speaking to him and he took the time to go over everything. I placed my order and cannot wait to get them installed. Thanks for the referral. Will keep you posted when installed.

What brand did you go with?

Just return with my shocks installed. Klaus was outstanding. Very professional and fair with pricing. Original I was schedule for Thurs. but with bad weather predicted I called up and asked to come in today. Klaus said no problem and took me today. Heading to Vt. this weekend will have a better report on shocks then.

Klaus

If you buy something from klaus and it does not work you are on your own. I bought a set of lights form him at a rally several years ago. I asked if the lights were tested on my year and model bike and was told absolutely. The lights did not work properly and constantly caused a fault on my display. He would not take the product back without a 15 % restocking fee and told me "You can't expect me to test my product on every year and model" This was after he told me at the rally he did test the lights on my year and model bike.

Just a heads up. I'm sure some people have had good experiences with his company but I did not.

Hyper-pro & klaus

Well I just return from trip to Vt. and the new shocks were great. Especially on some of Vt. roads with frost heaves and remaining damage from Irene. No issues and definitely an improvement over the OEM which were shot. I will say it is tough to say how they would compare to newer OEM shocks since mine had 30k on them. But, all in all very satisfied with installation and performance. Right now just playing with the settings to see if I notice any difference.

Back