• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMWs and Baseball

lkchris

Two of my favorite things.

Oh, BTW, new owner of Countryside BMW (Chicago): C. J. Wilson of the California Angels.

Will try to stop by on trip to Indy/MotoGP.

Life is good for us Bay Area baseball fans

A summer evening, a garage, a BMW to wrench on, a glass of some nice grape and the giants on the radio.....Almost as good as riding

i-NKxtFVq-M.jpg

Baseball: 9 overpaid individuals standing on a grass and dirt field, waiting for something to happen. In a perfect game, they do almost nothing. Wow, how exciting...
Basketball: 2 teams of overpaid individuals. Run down the court, shoot the ball. Pound chest. Repeat, repeat, repeat. Yawn.
Football: 2 teams of mostly overpaid individuals, whose sport has been recently been emasculated through rule changes designed to take the impact out of the game. Wasn't that one of the reasons we watch (and played as youngsters) in the first place?
NASCAR: Bombastic, egotistical drivers that for some reason can't drive in the rain. Please.

MotoGP: Great display of technology applied to two-wheel racing, but unfortunately the technology now overshadows the rider's skills. Proof: Last week's MotoGP race, when rain became the (mostly) equalizer.

Isle of Mann: YES! Real racing. Man and machine against the fabled road course. Bikes whizzing through towns at over 100 mph. Riders missing stone mileage markers with their elbows by mere inches at top speed. Racing in the rain, fog, sunshine, etc.

Ok, I feel better now. :)

Kinda sad that the haters feel the need to poop in the corn flakes.

BTW, "my" team won in extra innings last night with a walk off home run.........great fun:clap

That fat man can hit! Could be why he was MVP of the World Series.:nod

There is a difference between hate and not understanding...isn't it a shame that all the money we (that's the collective, societal "we") pump into professional sports couldn't be more productively invested in our future...like paying teachers what they are truly worth, properly supporting our first responders, taking care of our troops, caring for our elderly, etc. Instead we spend billions of dollars to watch a privileged, elite athlete class demonstrate their prowess at skills that have little impact (other than making us feel good) on our society. Someone tell me what makes a single baseball player worth tens or even hundreds of millions of dollars. Sigh...capitalism at its finest.

Not hating at all. I wish you all the best at your next baseball game, as you pay for that $9 beer. I guess someone has to pay for those athlete salaries.

Not hating at all. I wish you all the best at your next baseball game, as you pay for that $9 beer. I guess someone has to pay for those athlete salaries.

Still nasty and angry.

Ya see, most of us have the type of respect for this forum that when a person starts a thread about their apparent love of something, such as BMW's and baseball, we refrain from jumping in with our personal diatribe.

When you decide to get down off that horse your on, be careful, you are a loooooooong way from the ground :laugh

Yeah, no kidding. I'm assuming the person doesn't go to movies or watch television, either, with all those overpaid actors and actresses out there.

I will agree with the comment about teachers, but that could be said for other professions as well.

I like BMW's and baseball as well. :wave

Had the ball game on the other day when working on bike, almost went to sleep, put on 80's rock/pop station and got back to work. Different strokes, and so on. When I played baseball it was fun, of course then my Dad wouldn't permit a motorcycle in the garage.

Had the ball game on the other day when working on bike, almost went to sleep, put on 80's rock/pop station and got back to work. Different strokes, and so on. When I played baseball it was fun, of course then my Dad wouldn't permit a motorcycle in the garage.

That's funny, baseball but no motorcycles for dad.

Oh, BTW, new owner of Countryside BMW (Chicago): C. J. Wilson of the California Angels.

Countryside BMW, two thumbs up! They were very friendly and helpful when I was there last May.

What is Wilson's connection with Chicago? He is a born and raised So Cal kid and has never played pro ball, even in the minors, in that part of the country that I can tell.

Back