• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2008 GT brake pad indicators

jdiaz

Blocking the slow lane
My bike started with the intermittent dash warning light for brake pads around 8K miles, and finally went steady last fall around 15k.

I changed the brake pads this spring (front left pads were thin, but they are the only ones without the sensor), fiddled with how the wires were secured, and the light didn't go off. Finally concluded that the wiring was bad......I snipped both front and rear wires near their respective connectors, soldered and heat-shrinked the ends, verified circuit continuity, and re-installed. Dash light is still on.

How does the dash light get reset? Will GS911 do it (I have one arriving in the mail tomorrow), will it reset itself after a few start/stop sequences, or is this a dealer-only reset?

Shortest thread ever

Disregard. I found something on k-bikes.com indicating that the light will reset after 3 trips above 30mph, and just verified it with my own bike. :laugh

Dash red light warning for brake pads on your 08 KGT

My bike started with the intermittent dash warning light for brake pads around 8K miles, and finally went steady last fall around 15k.

I changed the brake pads this spring (front left pads were thin, but they are the only ones without the sensor), fiddled with how the wires were secured, and the light didn't go off. Finally concluded that the wiring was bad......I snipped both front and rear wires near their respective connectors, soldered and heat-shrinked the ends, verified circuit continuity, and re-installed. Dash light is still on.

How does the dash light get reset? Will GS911 do it (I have one arriving in the mail tomorrow), will it reset itself after a few start/stop sequences, or is this a dealer-only reset?

How did you get the light to turn off. Did the suggestion to make 3 30mile +_ trips do it?
Thanks

Back