• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

HELP..How do you delete a thread that you started.??

I have posted a couple of questions on the forum, and recieved the information I needed.now I want to just DELETE these posts..but how ??
the EDIT button says delete, but I can't figure out how..??

this new format is WAY too difficult to use, IMHO..kinda like an airhead VS a new GS, I gues I'm just to dumb to figure it out

I have posted a couple of questions on the forum, and recieved the information I needed.now I want to just DELETE these posts..but how ??

this new format is WAY too difficult to use, IMHO..kinda like an airhead VS a new GS, I gues I'm just to dumb to figure it out

Well it's not actually the new format. If you are the originator of the thread you cannot delete it because it would take all the posts that follow with it. If you let me or one of the other moderators know which one it is, we would be happy to help you out. Gary

Why would you not want other people to be able to get the same information you got without having to post the same question again?

Why would you not want other people to be able to get the same information you got without having to post the same question again?

This comes up from time to time and it seems that some don't realize that it is OK to leave the post as it is. The Mod Team looks at the requests on a case by case basis. Gary

Just do an edit

If I could not delete my post and didn't want to depend on someone else doing it, I would simply edit the post to "answered" or something similar.

If I could not delete my post and didn't want to depend on someone else doing it, I would simply edit the post to "answered" or something similar.
In this situation, with John's post being the thread starter, it would have to stay unless I did something really creative. The first post can't be deleted by a member so as it doesn't take the whole thread off the forum. I have taken care of this for him and he is good to go. I'll leave this here in Motorrad for a while as it's a question that comes up from time to time. I a couple of days, I'll move it to the forum help area. Gary

It really has nothing to do with the new format...it has always been this way. As Gary has stated, the forum permissions are set such the originator of a thread cannot delete their own thread because they then take action on other people's posts which they have no right to do. For that reason, only a moderator can take action on an entire thread, but only for justified or stated reasons.

Back