• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ever hear of a Yooper Beemer?

WOODY8023

We're Lee and Lois and we are getting a late start enjoying the magic of the BMW world. Yoopers are from the U. P. of upper michigan. Out little town happens to be on the shores of Lake Michigan in a cozy little "lighthouse town" called Manistique...on U.S. 2:)

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
Welcome! Nope...can't say I've heard of a Yooper Beemer. What does one look like? :D It's been years since I was in the U.P., having driven across the Mackinac Bridge on my "roundabout" way to Minnesota. Nice country!

Welcome to the site Lee.
We've been through Manistique many times. The last time was last fall in the cage hauling the bicycles to Mackinac Island for a week.

Welcome! I rode through your little piece of the world on a solo trip last summer.

Yes, I have! I grew up in Menominee. Have not been back for quite a few years, but I am planning to ride the UP either this year or next.

I live in Charleston, SC now and if you are ever in the area look me up.

Dave

Welcome! There's some nice riding in 'Da UP'. My son goes to Michigan Tech so we get up there once in a while.

Sent magically!

Funny you should bring that up. A buddy of mine and I are planning a trip in June/July to the Upper Peninsula. I don't know anything about the area, but research it and talk about it. As it is I'm out in Cape Cod Bay yesterday fishing and I mention it. One of the guys says you got to go. He had been there several times in past years with family. He then says I should look for "yoopers", I don't have a clue what he's referring to, but he explains. I'm still not sure from his explaination if it's a friendly term or derogatory? I know from Cape Cod some of the less than nice terms used for some groups the same as when I lived in North Jersey. I don't want to make enemies when I'm 1000 miles from home in their part of the world.

He then says I should look for "yoopers", I don't have a clue what he's referring to, but he explains. I'm still not sure from his explaination if it's a friendly term or derogatory?

Yooper is a friendly term, one that I wear proudly. :) Your friend is correct in that you should seek out a 'yooper'. Friendly folks UP here.

Welcome to the Forum. My family has ties to the Superior side in Ontanogan. I have two siblings that are Yoopers by birth while my parents and I were the Cheeseheads in the family. Been a couple of years since I have been to the UP. I need to do something about that.

:wave

I'm a Cheesehead by birth but love the UP:clap

Welcome.

How about a ride report with pics of the beautiful area in which you live?

Welcome Yooper

I used to be a troll, but it was a long time ago. I lived down in South Haven; I'm a Texan now living in Taiwan. Of course, I guess a Texan is still a troll if he's not a yooper. I know this makes sense to you. Anyway, welcome again to the BMWMOA and the forum.

DW

Back