• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New BMW Motorrad Promo for BMW MOA Members

BMWEB

Webb Benninghoven
BMW Motorrad MOA Promotion Resized.jpg

Hello Folks,

From May 15 through July 31 BMWUSA is offering a special incentive for us MOA Members

Here's the skinny.

K1600GT & GTL, R1200RT, R1200GS (oil cooled), R1200GSA Gets $750.00
K1300S, R1200R, S1000RR, F800GT, R1200GS (water cooled) Gets $500.00
F800GS/ADV, F800ST, F800R, F700GS Gets $400.00
G650GS, G650 Sertao, C650GT, C600Sport Gets $250.00
No HP4 models are included

Please let me know if you have any questions.

That's great, too bad it's just for a limited time and not on going. I'm curious why this didn't pop up on the ON main page. Seems it's something the club would want the membership to know about.

That's great, too bad it's just for a limited time and not on going. I'm curious why this didn't pop up on the ON main page. Seems it's something the club would want the membership to know about.

Because, I'm at the BMW dealership, and I got the post off my DCS about 5 minutes before I posted it for everyone.

I'll have one of each, please. What's that? I didn't win the Powerball $600M prize?

Never mind.

pete

I also noticed on the BMW police site that active duty military get $750 and Police, Fire and EMS get $500. IDK if anyone has any more info on that.

EDIT: I see it expires Dec 31, 2013 !

Last edited:
Don't know about combining those... but dealer informed me the promotion on the RT's free GPS was OK to combo with the MOA discount.

"travel'n" john

The funny thing about discounts like these is that they are within the purview of what might be negotiated off the MSRP anyway. It could be a wash, meaning, it's just marketing in the end. If they gave 1500-2000 off, I would be impressed.

As of yet, I haven't heard from anyone legitimately interested in purchasing a bike through the forum. If anyone is interested, I am here to help & answer any questions I can. This program is over & above any dealer discounts though.

As of yet, I haven't heard from anyone legitimately interested in purchasing a bike through the forum. If anyone is interested, I am here to help & answer any questions I can. This program is over & above any dealer discounts though.

Whose to say what the dealer discount is anyway? A dealer could say there is no discount as the BMW one applies. It's within the margin of negotiations and really just a marketing tool. $500 or $750 isn't going to make much difference in whether or not a bike is purchased anyway. If it was $1000 or more, then it might make me think. Kawasaki would do that with some models for leftovers.

Normally when someone is interested in a bike they will contact the dealer of their choice and inquire. The individual dealer is in charge of what discount they wish to offer on any particular bike.

As a dealer, we haven't and would not post how much we'll discount a bike, but if someone contacted me directly and inquired about buying an individual bike, I'll be happy to discuss it with any forum member and additionally would take that into account when pricing the bike, as I am hopeful that the local dealer would too.

The discount isn't out of our pocket, it's from BMW Corporate. I posted it so that anyone in the market could take advantage of it.

If I can help, or answer any questions for you, let me know.

I took it for granted the MOA discount was on top of the dealer discount. Is this not the case?

You are correct. But as ponch1 pointed out, not all dealers would be willing to discount their bikes.

Ponch, I guess you're a glass half-empty kind of guy, huh?
Maybe it's not enough of an incentive for YOU to go out and buy a motorcycle, but for someone who is going to buy one anyway, how's it not a good thing? Just negotiate your deal with the dealership and then pull out the MOA discount! What's not to like?

Ponch, I guess you're a glass half-empty kind of guy, huh?
Maybe it's not enough of an incentive for YOU to go out and buy a motorcycle, but for someone who is going to buy one anyway, how's it not a good thing? Just negotiate your deal with the dealership and then pull out the MOA discount! What's not to like?

I am a "the glass is at 50% capacity" kind of guy. It also means there is room for more.

View attachment 40130

Hello Folks,

From May 15 through July 31 BMWUSA is offering a special incentive for us MOA Members

Here's the skinny.

K1600GT & GTL, R1200RT, R1200GS (oil cooled), R1200GSA Gets $750.00
K1300S, R1200R, S1000RR, F800GT, R1200GS (water cooled) Gets $500.00
F800GS/ADV, F800ST, F800R, F700GS Gets $400.00
G650GS, G650 Sertao, C650GT, C600Sport Gets $250.00
No HP4 models are included

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for posting this info. You must understand that a 3k discount wouldn't be enough for some folks.

Hi, unfortunately I just bought a new BMW and live in Canada............Rod.