• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Headlight modulator and turn signal running lights for CANbus bikes? 2013 R1200GSA

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
I have a 2002 RTP with the Kisan headlight modulator and the Kisan SignalMinder, giving me the flashing headlight and always-on running lights from my front and rear turn signals. I'm unable to find similar products for my 2012 GSA. Does anyone know if anyone manufactures a headlight modulator and turn signal controller for CANbus bikes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a 2002 RTP with the Kisan headlight modulator and the Kisan SignalMinder, giving me the flashing headlight and always-on running lights from my front and rear turn signals. I'm unable to find similar products for my 2012 GSA. Does anyone know if anyone manufactures a headlight modulator and turn signal controller for CANbus bikes?

Your old friend Kisan sells headlight modulators - it should be a plug/play setup. Dunno on a "running-light" - I have a set of LED turnsignal inserts in the rear that work as a turnsignal with orange LEDs and an extra brake light with red LEDs. It could certainly be possible to wire the brake LEDs up to the rear tailight as a running light. These fit in the little pod like turnsignal housings used on the R1200R (and a few other hexheads.) For these - contact Run-N-Lites (Klaus Hueneke, EPM Performance) - if he doesn't remember his source for them, tell him they're the ones I have in my bike (and he follows me often enough that he'll remember what they do. :) )

Thanks for the reply, Don! Klaus set up the Hyper-Pro shocks on my RTP, so I know him and his reputation well. I had heard somewhere that the Kisan products weren't proving to be especially compatible with CANbus-equipped bikes, but perhaps they've resolved the issues - I'll admit I wasn't paying much attention to Hexhead matters until picking up my 2012 GSA a year ago this month. I'll check out their products for CANbus bikes - thanks for the heads-up!

Back