• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

whats the best grip add on cruise control product out there

Detroit Kim

I'm considering purchasing a Throttlemeister cruise control.
Does anyone have any experience installing / using one of these on a 2002 1150RT ?
Any other ones that should be considered ?
Thanks

Have one on my 2002 rt. Works as advertised. Only one small issue. If you adjust the grip clearance too tight during install, your grips will drag after heated grips are on for a while. The grips expand under heat, so adjust accordingly.

Have one on my 2002 rt. Works as advertised. Only one small issue. If you adjust the grip clearance too tight during install, your grips will drag after heated grips are on for a while. The grips expand under heat, so adjust accordingly.

My long rides will be mainly during the warmer months so shouldn't be too much of an issue.
But will adjust to your recomendations.
Thanks

I'm considering purchasing a Throttlemeister cruise control.
Does anyone have any experience installing / using one of these on a 2002 1150RT ?
Any other ones that should be considered ?
Thanks

I've run either Kaoko or Throttlemeister on the last 6 BMW's. I had one on my 03' RT. They are both easy to mount and set up. They work the same, other than you may find as I have that the Kaoko is easier to engage and disengage due to the notches that make it easy for your pinky in a glove to rotate the control. The Throttlemeister is just a bit harder to rotate due to how smooth it is.

The one big plus with Throttlemeister is you can take it off for use on your next bike and just order a new fit kit for about $20.00. I just did this for my new R and the kit arrived in 3 days, great service.

I've run either Kaoko or Throttlemeister on the last 6 BMW's. I had one on my 03' RT. They are both easy to mount and set up. They work the same, other than you may find as I have that the Kaoko is easier to engage and disengage due to the notches that make it easy for your pinky in a glove to rotate the control. The Throttlemeister is just a bit harder to rotate due to how smooth it is.

The one big plus with Throttlemeister is you can take it off for use on your next bike and just order a new fit kit for about $20.00. I just did this for my new R and the kit arrived in 3 days, great service.

Milled versions are available, but I would tend to agree on the Kaoko. The TM is just so well made, it is a work of art.

Note that some rotate clockwise to lock and others rotate counter-clockwise to lock. Direction taken from looking in toward the center of the bike from the end of the handlebar.

I *think* the Wrist-Rest and Wunderlich rotate clockwise to lock where the Kaoko and Throttlemeister rotate counter clockwise to lock. I may have that wrong. In any case make sure you are happy with the direction of whatever device you choose.

Note that some rotate clockwise to lock and others rotate counter-clockwise to lock. Direction taken from looking in toward the center of the bike from the end of the handlebar.

I *think* the Wrist-Rest and Wunderlich rotate clockwise to lock where the Kaoko and Throttlemeister rotate counter clockwise to lock. I may have that wrong. In any case make sure you are happy with the direction of whatever device you choose.

I would have thought they would all release when rotated clockwise as a safety feature. ie when you let of the gas.

I use a Throttlemeister on my 2002 RT and it works fine.
Before that I have used a cheap (off the pegboard) band clamp device I liked better. Rocky/Tucker?
I did fabricate a small change to clean up installation.
The thumb toggle on it just felt a lot more natural than the Throttlemeister.
Either work fine.

I am currently using a Throttlemeister on my 04 Rockster.

Prior to that I used rubber O rings from the hardware store to create the friction to maintain throttle position. Problem is I kept losing them & figured the cost of reusable throttlemeister was better than the constant purchase of O rings.

I had a Wunderlich and it does rotate the other direction. I hated it; I sold it in short order and got another TM

Back