• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2011 mirrors and saddlebag protection

lvermiere

Greetings,

1. I would prefer to mount the GS style of mirrors for extra rear visibility but the mounting switch gear has changed from 2009 going to the 2011. Has anyone added mirrors and can they recommend a good quality add on, be they bar end or whatever. And pictures?

2. Saddlebag protection. I'm looking for something to go on the top of the painted part. I've use the clear plastic cupboard shelving material for other uses like this and see some 3M kits advertised. BMW has the wrap. Part# 7160 7 714 329. Anyone had any experience with it and what does it actually cover. The color?

cheers,

I have Rizoma bar ends on my R1200R and they are excellent quality. The only drawback is that they don't fold. I previously used CRG mirrors which were also very high quality and they folded. The downside is that they were too small.

Mirrors

Greetings,

1. I would prefer to mount the GS style of mirrors for extra rear visibility but the mounting switch gear has changed from 2009 going to the 2011. Has anyone added mirrors and can they recommend a good quality add on, be they bar end or whatever. And pictures?

2. Saddlebag protection. I'm looking for something to go on the top of the painted part. I've use the clear plastic cupboard shelving material for other uses like this and see some 3M kits advertised. BMW has the wrap. Part# 7160 7 714 329. Anyone had any experience with it and what does it actually cover. The color?

cheers,

I mounted R1150 RT Mirrors on my 05 RT, slid right in the handlebar mount. That was one of my major gripes about the RT the rear visibility totally sucked for me way to many blind spots dangerous. These stock mirrors worked awesome for me and I dont use the fairing mirrors no need to any more
http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=24783

Back