• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cheap Top Box Mod!

SCOOTERRATON

Scooter Whisperer
At night when someone approaches the red lens on the BMW top box does...absolutely nothing! So here is a cheap easy mod that I did to increase night time visibility.

First I removed the lens. NOTE: This is probably the only part on this bike that actually needs a Philips screwdriver to take apart!!!

I bought some solas reflective tape..the most reflective stuff out there...cut it to size and fit it behind the lens. Leave the backing on to keep it stiff and cut it just slightly smaller so you can tape the edges to the inside of the lens.

I also cut out some letters from some standard reflective tape. They came out OK but I'll redo them.

In the first photo you can see my rain gear drying out in the after the difference the tape makes. Total cost about $15 took about 1 hour...15 mins of that to put the torx away and find a screwdriver!

IMG_3281.JPG
IMG_3287.JPG

Back