• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

R90/6 '76 - Leaking petcock

It's not clear where the gas is leaking from. Is it coming out of the bowl, is the hose leaking, is it leaking around the petcock, above the petcock? Need to know that first. Item #5 is something that rarely needs replacing unless it's been cracked...in which case the hose won't seal on it.

Right. Saw the leak. Removed to bowl to make a better seal and the gas didn't stop. Usually when I take off the bowl and the petcock is closed no more gas comes out. Maybe it was just what was in the line and inline filter. Will try again tonight.

Easier to see when the page is posted.

Gasket (#7) can become hard with age and leak.

Keep in mind, with the cross-over fuel line through the air filter box in place, it could be the "other" petcock leaking.

B0000403.png

DIY can equal dumb, idiotic, yanker
Thought I checked and often don't even open the right petcock. Sure enough it was wide open.
Basics man! Why do I always jump to the catastrophic?

Thanks for your patience.

Back