• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Interesting food in Ohio??

i'm going to try that kewpie place that 'ol salt just wrote about. burgers and milshkes, mmm good stuff

The Blazing Challenge

The Blazing Challenge

Take a quick run up to Defiance, about 50 miles north. The official Blazing Challenge is over, but you can still try to make the legend. My niece, Erica, says "If any of your fellow riders think they can eat 12 of our hottest wings in 6 minutes, send em up!" If you see Erica on Wed or Friday at Buffalo Wild Wings tell her 'Uncle Tom sent you' and she will give you an extra smile. It is located at 1120 Hotel Dr. Defiance, OH (419-784-WING(9464)). Right off of 24. It faces Clinton St and is right across the street from Meijer.

Tom Anspach
ps,

just returned from a RT cage trip to Wilshire OH via 14/114/24/local/469/33 - - - 33/224/24/31/14 roads good wx good. saw several BMW's headed to Beemerville. Talked to a couple on BMW w/trailer at US31/24 NE of Peru headed to Beemerville. People are on their way!!! :clap

tom42n said:
My niece, Erica, says "If any of your fellow riders think they can eat 12 of our hottest wings in 6 minutes, send em up!" If you see Erica on Wed or Friday at Buffalo Wild Wings tell her 'Uncle Tom sent you' and she will give you an extra smile.

Being a veteran of these things, what is the reward for doing so?

award

Mike_In_Lima said:
Being a veteran of these things, what is the reward for doing so?

According to my niece the official Blazing Saddles contest is over, however, evidently you can still compete, and get your name in the record book . . . . as I understand it. . . YEMV....

Schmidt's cream puffs should be illegal; I bet each one feeds twelve. I don't think I've ever seen a breakfast buffet with as many types of meat, either. That place rocks. Just be careful parking a bike on those old brick streets.

Tip from a local in Lima

I got the word on the mexican restaurant near the ralley site on Rt. 309 (Harding Way) and she gave it the thumbs up (non-chain - authentic - as close as ohio get's) and good margarita's.
I trust her word, she's not a small gal.

Also for those looking for german food: BUCYRUS = BRATWURST.

In the old days when I lived in Columbus and would go to Lima for the flat track there was a little dive close by that everyone went for a fried bologna sandwhich. It was thick cut and about the size of a hamburger patty, sounds gross, but it was really interesting. All they biker dudes knew about it, ask around. (this place might be half way between Columbus and Lima)

Columbus has about the highest Pizza joints per capita of anyplace in America, true statistic. (worked for a local Pizza chain during school, Papa Joes for you locals) Columbus has about any variety of pizza you can imagine, and some of the local stuff beats the NY and Chicago guys at their own game. I moved from Columbus nearly 15 years ago and haven't had a decent pizza since. (expect when I visit)

You can always try White Castles, If you time eating them and your departure from the rally just right you can make record time home, or at least to the next rest area.

Scott

In the old days when I lived in Columbus and would go to Lima for the flat track there was a little dive close by that everyone went for a fried bologna sandwhich. It was thick cut and about the size of a hamburger patty, sounds gross, but it was really interesting. All they biker dudes knew about it, ask around. (this place might be half way between Columbus and Lima)

I think that you are refering to the G & R Tavern in Waldo, OH near the intersection of US 23 and SR 423.

Suprised no one mentioned it....if you coming from the south (way home or there) thru Cincy, there are no better ribs than Montgomery Inn (period). I would ride 1000 miles for those ribs.

Back