• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

False tire pressure warning

romany

Here's the background I've been riding at highway speeds for about an hour. The yellow triangle caution light comes on on the left side of my instrument cluster. Almost immediately a second yellow caution triangle lights up next to my front tire monitor on the computer screen.

I pulled over shut down and inspected both the front and rear tire. Finding no nails or cuts I got out my tire pressure gauge and found I had 2.5 Bars in the front and 2.8 in the rear.

On restart I had no readings for either front or back even after travelling down the road. I road home and rechecked the air pressure with my digital reader and got the same results.

An hour later everything was back to normal with the front display coming on upon start up and the rear after travelling a short distance.

What happened?

Do the sending units in the tire run on battery (watch size) and could they be due to be replaced. The bike is a 2008 F650GS Twin.

Hi Romany. I have the same problem with my 2007 F800st. The dealer said it's best to replace both units when the sensors go off and there is nothing wrong. I was told the batteries are sealed in the sensor unit. If you know everything is o.k. as far as tire pressure then the best thing to do is replace the sensors when you replace your tires....Just keep track of your tire pressure in the mean time. I just ordered new sensors from Bike Bandit and it cost me just under $245.00

Last edited:
Hi Romany. ... replace the sensors when you replace your tires....Just keep track of your tire pressure in the mean time. I just ordered new sensors from Bike Bandit and it cost me just under $245.00

That's good advice. I think my current tires will last out the summer and fall. I've now got my digital tire pressure gauge in the on bike tool kit.

Thanks

Back