• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2006 R1200RT mirror suggestions?

tamajohn

I recently purchased a 2006 R1200RT in beautiful condition with very low miles. I love the bike but I dislike the mirrors. A friend says wait and I'll get used to it. I don't think so. It appears that I could add a pair of traditional mirrors in the existing holes near the clutch and brake levers. 10 mm diameter I think. I have an aftermarket Z Technik V-Stream windscreen. Any clearance issues? What's the best bang for my buck? I heard rumors that older K bike mirrors might work. Thanks. John

I recently purchased a 2006 R1200RT in beautiful condition with very low miles. I love the bike but I dislike the mirrors. A friend says wait and I'll get used to it. I don't think so. It appears that I could add a pair of traditional mirrors in the existing holes near the clutch and brake levers. 10 mm diameter I think. I have an aftermarket Z Technik V-Stream windscreen. Any clearance issues? What's the best bang for my buck? I heard rumors that older K bike mirrors might work. Thanks. John

It does take most people a little bit of time to get used to RT-styled mirrors. Many folks out there do add traditional mirrors so if you're OK with the appearance of 4 mirrors it does work. As for the mirrors working with your particular windshield I don't know. It may come down to the mirrors you choose. Ask the seller for permission to verify fitment prior to purchase.

There's a company called Saeng-Ta from which I purchased extra mirrors for blind spots--really well-made products and easy to install--take a look

I installed a set of GS mirrors on my 1150RT. I have an aftermarket windshield and handlebar risers on my bike. If I turn the bars as far as they will go they just touch the shield. Found the mirrors used on Ebay. It is a pretty common change that a lot of RT folks make. Here is a shot of all four mirrors. It may look a bit funny, but it works for me and I am the person who has to ride it.

There's a thread about this somewhere in the deep, dark past. I remember the pics. The mirrors were from the K1200RS and they fit like they were made for the RT and they looked great. Part numbers 51-167-653-773, and -774 (L & R) @ $85.46 each.

saeng-ta mirrors

There's a company called Saeng-Ta from which I purchased extra mirrors for blind spots--really well-made products and easy to install--take a look

I am considering a pair of them. Do they vibrate? I put a couple of traditional mirrors on but they vibrate a lot. I ride a 2012 RT. I had to buy adapters to attach them. The 2012 RT did not that the holes for traditional GS mirrors.

Bernie

Over on the Sporttouring site 'dirtrider' put me onto the following: "You can use GS upper clamps (32727673917) & mirrors of your choice (if thread pitch is correct) or just buy the entire kit from here---

http://www.ascycles.com/detail.aspx?ID=76241"

I ordered the one from A&S a few days ago as I liked the looks. I don't find the stock mirrors too bad when solo but with a passenger elbows get in the way. My friend has a 05 Rt and when travelling I always wondered why his wife always had her elbows tucked in. Now I know. I don't like some one sneaking up on me.:dance

Multivex Mirror?

I was going to suggest the Multivex mirrors. I loved them on my Gold Wing and planned to put them on my 2005 R1200RT but the URL is down. www.multivexmirror.com is 404. I guess they are out of business. :dunno

nothing like looking down at your rear view mirrors... Then raise your head and see a car stopped in front of you!!!! Used the K 1200 mirrors and looked like they were made for the bike! Beemer Boneyard or repsycle might have hem used...

Pat

Mirrors

2005 to 2007 R1200St mirrors look good and have a nice shape, I use them on my GS because they are 1 inch wider.

I just posted the RS mirrors in BMW parts. They are brand new. Just something about 4 mirrors that drives me crazy. Call me.

For me, the KRS mirrors are perfect on my 2007 RT. They definitely increase the rear view capability. I have them pointed more up/out and the stock mirrors more down/in, so i can see the max amount.

Plus...they make a convenient helmet stand ;)

Back