• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

IBMWR renege

I didn't loose any money...just thought it was hinkey ?

You can't blame her under the circumstances. If he was selling off stuff to raise funds for his surgery they must have been strapped. Even if he didn't survive, the medical bills for her now must be outrageous. She needs ever cent she can lay her hands on.

bid on my lawnmower???

The above comments are in tune with my observation of much what I call "posing", that's all to common in our society. I suppose we can blame advertising or Hollywood movies or video games or whatever but it's the "at home parenting part" that can be the denominator in this all.
You can bet your bottom dollar that my kids(in spite of their educations,jobs & all that kind of "stuff") don't walk away from the simple pleasures in life & respect for all .
I live where much of this LaLa land property & "stuff" as you say are non-existent but it doesn't mean that locals attitudes are always in the best direction. As a guy that 1st owned a BMW car(one of the status symbols we speak of) in 1969 I have always adhered to the fact that I'm a "greasy BMW guy" & certainly not an "uppity owner". It's my little escape from BMW "aura" that some attach. The Roundel(and the other high end machines) is unfortunately something that's in the posers realm of having class.
E.G. for this "uppity crap":
There is a scooter (my latest 2 wheel disease) for sale on ebay now that's painted Ferrari red & has the horse stickers on it & the seller is a Ferrari dealer(the cars are in the background)-the whole 9 yards of uppitiness exemplified & it is just a simple scooter, mind you, that's been repainted red & had stickers added & people are bidding like crazy. No, I don't want it but my point is that it appears that the paint & stickers are making it sell.
and I told myself not to rant:banghead

For Sale at the Right Price $. Make me a ridiculously high offer, and I might consider you worthy of ownership. :whistle

Since your made out of money and can afford a Ducatti 7hp Italian lawn mower: there has been a $2,000 Bultaco roto tiller on ebay recently...:blah
I'll stick with my red Murray 3.5:thumb

there has been a $2,000 Bultaco roto tiller on ebay recently...
I'll stick with my red Murray 3.5

Holy sh*t I'd be grabbing it. This one's price at a cool $10K. He must think it's the only one ever built
icon_rolleyes.gif
Now, an airhead snowblower ... that would be a real status symbol :whistle

Bultaco_roto_tiller.jpg

Watch out for those doggie bones laying in the yard...
Seriously, where I used to work some of these guys loved to talk about their lawnmowers like they were some sort of exotic MC or car. Not! something I can relate to.I'd rather talk about claw hammers than mowers... I suppose having mowed a golf course changes your "love of mowing"?:brow

As a kid being expected to mow an acre-sized lot every week with an old self-propelled LawnBoy push-mower pretty much knocked that love right out of me.
31.gif

Pity the cliques

Sheesh - Unnecessary hasty generalizations. I could say California was the same until the XYZ folks came in (or is that a Pace Picante commercial)....etc. Times have changed, people's behaviour has changed, their prior address has little to do with it...slime balls have been around everywhere forever, if we are lucky, we can avoid contact with them. In my business, I am generally lucky. But I get the rare bad one as well and location of origin has nothing to do with it.

Seems to me that what we have digressed in this thread to one of cliques.
Either you are part of one or want to be. Both positions are intellectually indefensible.

I must not qualify? Having been "in this thread" I'm sure no clique type...Count me out of your e.g. as I don't join stuff-except MOA? :scratch
I thought the digression was more toward "funny HaHa machines"?:wave

I've bought and sold a lot of BMW stuff here and on the BMWST forum. Every transaction has gone well. Both parties happy. No BS.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

I've bought and sold a lot of BMW stuff here and on the BMWST forum. Every transaction has gone well. Both parties happy. No BS.

Maybe I'm just lucky?

No, you aren't lucky, unless I am too. That is why this sort of thing was so remarkable I posted about it.

I did complain to IBMWR admin about it, and the ad was pulled. They agreed that a deal is a deal, and this sort of thing is unacceptable

So, logically speaking... IF the Administrators at IBMWR admit that this aforementioned behavior occurred on their BMW-oriented website, and it is considered unacceptable, THEN, through guilt-by-association, some BMW riders must also be contained within that sub-group of low-life scooter trash. You have proof.

Of course eBay maintains the same policy with regard to changing the conditions of a sale, after the sale.

Having been on ebay as a regular for a bit it has it's share of real world vagaries. On some problems there they(which seems to mean the Indians lately that answer the phone- in India, of course) have stepped up & made it right(ebay or the buyer/seller) and on a few its been a bummer. No place else like it though for MC parts! Be they BMW or other...
As for "better,more honest,nicey nice transactions within the MOA-well I've had not many but were ok & I suppose you're ods are slightly better than "outside" transactions but that's due to elimination of 14 yr old bidders,village idiots,etc., is my notion.

Back