• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Superstakes tickets - How many already sold?

rjzinc

Anyone know how many Superstakes tickets have already been sold? Just wondering the odds for the Early Bird drawing.

Thanks,
Dick

I bought one early last year to get in on the early bird drawing but I don't have one this year. Having the national rally admission included was a big draw for me last year but it's not included now.

I may just sit it out.

I bought one early last year to get in on the early bird drawing but I don't have one this year. Having the national rally admission included was a big draw for me last year but it's not included now.

I may just sit it out.

Same here. The incentive to buy isn't there without the rally fee included. So I may pass on the drawing as well.

Anyone know how many Superstakes tickets have already been sold? Just wondering the odds for the Early Bird drawing.

Thanks,
Dick

A little less than 3,000 in the early bird drawing based on the most recent numbers. Some last minute orders are still being processed.

The dynamics have changed a little without the rally entry fee, but you do have 12 separate chances to win and the two bonus drawings. And, if you want to make a friend a member, bonus drawing B includes a free one year membership for a new member. The odds of winning are still very good and the Foundation can use your support.

Good luck.

Can't win without a ticket

If I had not bought a ticket last year, I would not be riding my K1600GTL. Thank you sweepstake. I suggest you guys buy a ticket.

VERY glad you won....

...with your PURCHASE of a ticket!! Many of us were very alarmed last year when it came to our attention some folks were holding a ticket that,
get this... WON a TICKET, during one or more of the MOA Weekend Getaways! That was hard earned cash spent for a chance to win by many
folks, many like myself purchased two because of Rally fee included. Never discovered if anyone that had won a ticket, had also won a grand prize.
But I was certainly uncomfortable with the decision by someone that gave away the opportunity that others paid for...that was not part of the
marketing campaign to the membership. Sort of like non-members at the National Rally winning a bike... just doesn't seem right.
So enjoy that GTL my friend... your ticket purchase reflects exactly why I also bought ONE this year...but not two. .:thumb

"travel'in" john

Really? MANY of you were alarmed? It didn't bother me at all. Don't auto manufacturers give away cars to game shows, charities, and the like that you and I, even if we worked for them, would have to buy a car of our own? I just don't see where the outrage can come from. Knowing that MOA gave away a couple of entries as prizes will further interest in the Getaways and help the organization as a whole.

And no, I didn't win the bike on a free ticket, I bought one, and I did again this year.

Sweepstakes....

.....definition as defined in Webster's United States dictionary: "Lottery whose participants put up the money given as the prize".

While BMW Motorad may well have benefited from the promotion, and for sure the MOA Foundation did...it was no game show.

Well, that certainly doesn't prove anything. You looked up the wrong word. We have a SUPERstakes. :nyah

And the money put up by the participants is not the prize here. It's not a lottery. You're not winning $1 Million cash.

SUPERstakes..... OH!

....wrong book; the BMW ON magazine, current May edition, page 128... The Superstakes: "It is called the Superstakes for a reason. Every Superstakes ticket gives a BUYER a chance to win in 12 separate raffle drawings." The MOA's description of the program, not mine.

Pretty much the same principle; they promote/market the product for us to purchase for the opportunity to win. It would be interesting to
know how well the Foundation did last year; I suppose it was a success since were at it again! Don't misunderstand my position on this....
I take great pleasure in seeing our members win these new bikes, and while it may never be myself, or anyone I know in this great club; those
of us that directly purchased tickets felt our "odds" were even against others that purchased.

While the SUPERstakes is not for a cool one million; on a warm July afternoon in Salem this year....
...IF you win a new BMW motorcycle you'll at least feel like you've won the lottery!!! .:brow

"travel'in" john

Guys, I believe during the drawing at Gateway on Saturday, Vince said just over 3500 tickets had been purchased. I know we bought two Saturday. So we'll see if we have any luck at Salem.

Not a reply but a question

How long does it take to receive your Superstakes numbers once you purchase. I bought (paid my $100.) about three weeks ago and have heard nothing back. I even sent a message to MOA asking if there was some problem with the purchase. They charged my card so I know there was no problem with them taking the money; there never is in that direction.

DW

DW -

If it's going to Taichung, Taiwan, it might take a while! :stick On the other hand, I got mine fairly quickly in San Antonio. Go figure! Maybe New Braunfels is "lost" in that I-35 corridor to Austin??

I believe that last year, just under 9000 tickets were sold. Looks like the odds might be better this year. :dance

Back