• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

RT-P Cooling Fan Questions

Motor unit 7

Fire Don't Burn
Okay my cooling fan is not working and I am trying to do some tracing and checking.

My Question is where is the K9137 Fan relay and which spot is in in?

Second where can I find the Motronic temp censer?

If I can find them I can trace where my problem is. Thanks to anyone that has the info, I have the print of the circuit but can not find where these things are.

May bypass the cencer and put in a switch so I can just turn it on when I need it have done that before with a older Goldwing.

Okay my cooling fan is not working and I am trying to do some tracing and checking.

My Question is where is the K9137 Fan relay and which spot is in in?

Second where can I find the Motronic temp censer?

If I can find them I can trace where my problem is. Thanks to anyone that has the info, I have the print of the circuit but can not find where these things are.

May bypass the cencer and put in a switch so I can just turn it on when I need it have done that before with a older Goldwing.

First of all if your bike is an 1150 read on, if it is an 1100 you have a mechanical switch on the oil cooler line distribution block.

The temp sensor is on the top right of the engine right beside the oil cooler feed line (brass body). It is part of the RID system as well as an input to the Motronic for fuel management.
The relay is under the tank I believe
If your RID is reading correctly and the bike runs ok then the problem is somewhere else or the bike is not getting hot enough.
FYI I tried to test this circuit on my GS 1150 and found that pin 17 never sinked to ground even at 10 bars which is way too hot IMO.
See this post on ADV http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21069858&postcount=64
I did some searching and found little on the turn on temperature except comments like "it rarely if ever came on" and "it's only come on once".

Schematic below

R1150rt-p

First of all if your bike is an 1150 read on, if it is an 1100 you have a mechanical switch on the oil cooler line distribution block.

The temp sensor is on the top right of the engine right beside the oil cooler feed line (brass body). It is part of the RID system as well as an input to the Motronic for fuel management.
The relay is under the tank I believe
If your RID is reading correctly and the bike runs ok then the problem is somewhere else or the bike is not getting hot enough.
FYI I tried to test this circuit on my GS 1150 and found that pin 17 never sinked to ground even at 10 bars which is way too hot IMO.
See this post on ADV http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21069858&postcount=64
I did some searching and found little on the turn on temperature except comments like "it rarely if ever came on" and "it's only come on once".

Schematic below

Yes it is a 1150 and thank you, I had found the Schematic which is really not that much of a help, I checked the fan motor yesterday (Working good) and from what you say I might just be best to put in a switch and turn it on when I need it. I did a injector balance last year and the fan never came on also went out west last year in 110 degree temp and had my concerns.

Thank for the info much appreciated

Back