• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

So, what's the skinny?

tourunigo

ok, so first I get a number and my "tourunigo" is gone......then, I make a post and the Title is not in Caps like I typed, and then.....and then..... I now only have one post indicated but I got my 'name' back. So now, how do I explain to Mary that I have really been on here for some 3,000+ posts? Dang.....dang! I could be wrong I suppose but it sure looks scrabbled. Gee, I hope that the Word Association folks don't loose their tally. :brow - Bob

somewhat odd...

this "improvement" to the IT Software we've paid for. Bob, you'll find the thread "I'm just a number in the MOA system" entertaining.
Its listed under the IT software header in the first section of forum listings. I too...am just a number

Oh man did you "RE-join"?

Renewed but maybe caught in some case of mistaken identity. Seems that I now have my username back and inmate number gone. Guess I'll just have to go over to Word Association to get my hit count up again :whistle If only I could gain ten years back that easy in real life :thumb - Bob

YIKES! Now my avatar AND signature lines are gone. Not only has burning a candle at both ends finally caught up to me but I am also being disassembled at an alarming rate! :eek

Not quite in the same vein, but when I've done a search for older posts which I've access before, no luck. However, I am confident that once all the bugs are worked out, things will be even better than before; right? :scratch

things will be even better than before; right? :scratch

That's certainly the plan. The office staff has a big list of things to look into. The search feature has been a problem ever since we upgraded to this new version of vBulletin back in December.

That's certainly the plan. The office staff has a big list of things to look into. The search feature has been a problem ever since we upgraded to this new version of vBulletin back in December.

Kurt,

I would suggest that if the December upgrade cause a problem that still exists, such as search, we need someone with more knowledge to be working on it.

Almost 4 months to fix that problem is more than adequate time.

I plan on talking to Bob early next week.

Regards,

ok, so first I get a number and my "tourunigo" is gone......then, I make a post and the Title is not in Caps like I typed, and then.....and then..... I now only have one post indicated but I got my 'name' back. So now, how do I explain to Mary that I have really been on here for some 3,000+ posts? Dang.....dang! I could be wrong I suppose but it sure looks scrabbled. Gee, I hope that the Word Association folks don't loose their tally. :brow - Bob

Tell her that your posts are lost in the "Salty Fog" :wave:laugh

One thing for sure...and all should know...

...."there's a up-rising a brew'in" on this IT stuff happening. Have a look at the related problem area threads littered across the forum...
especially within the "Q & A" to the candidates for BoD... that's getting serious with folks who seem to know; and its NOT hindsight.

Kurt,

I would suggest that if the December upgrade cause a problem that still exists, such as search, we need someone with more knowledge to be working on it.

Almost 4 months to fix that problem is more than adequate time.

I agree. I have never seen a forum or website with as many problems as the MOA.
The sad thing is, I pay $40 a year for this.

Back